Nomination of Ralph Gilles to the VCA Hall of Fame

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of us should know by now that Ralph Gilles has been appointed head of global design for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Ralph was also named to the Group Executive Council, the highest decision-making body of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Ralph has been a die hard Viper supporter and advocate for many years and I firmly believe that the Viper would not have been brought back from the dead without his passion and efforts after the last Gen IV rolled off the assembly line on July 1, 2010.
In addition, Ralph's ability to drive the car on a road course is well known and he has always been accessable to many of us.

For the above reasons, I nominate Ralph for the VCA Hall of Fame and respectfully request that the National Board take whatever action is needed to approve the nomination.

Respectfully submitted,

Bob

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Follow Ralph on instagram, the man does stay busy. I swear his blood is MOPAR Blue

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Free. I believe the VCA Membership would like to see Ralph in the VCA Hall of Fame. The VCA has been in existence since at least 1995 and Ralph's efforts with respect to the design, continuation, and promotion of the Viper clearly rise to the level of deserving to be honored by his entry into the VCA Hall of Fame.

nitro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph is an awesome guy!

When I was at the Petite Le Mans at Road Atlanta my son and I were on the back stretch sitting watching the race. I looked back and see Ralph and what I assume was his Wife walking by. She saw me do a double take and she leaned over and said, Ralph. He came over and we talked for about 15 minutes about the race and how the cars were doing in the race.

Now that I think about it I can't believe I did not get a picture with him.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nomination Bob, and I enthusiastically second it. Indeed, Ralph is amazing, I have had the good fortune to speak with him on many occasions, and there simply isn't a bigger car guy who get's it at FCA.

Let's not forget, he almost single-handedly saved the Viper. So if anyone deserves to be in the HOF, it's certainly Ralph.

Obviously there will need to be discussions with Ralph, and we ironically have been having this discussion with the board over the last few days as it relates to another initiative we are setting up to announce, so the timing is perfect for your nomination.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Greg. The promotions have to mean that Ralph's portfolio of duties and responsibilities and his travel have or will significantly increase. He has got to be extraordinarily busy. So while the VCA HOF selection is certainly important, I do not think that in the scheme of things it should rise to the level of requiring Ralph to take time out of what must be a very busy schedule concerning FCA global design and the five member FCA Group Executive Council to discuss it. I respectfully suggest that the Board just vote to honor Ralph since the honor is well deserved.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point, Ralph is so far up the food chain ( at the top of it) that by necessity communication will have to be limited. It will also have to be far more limited and circumspect due to SEC law and regulations. It happens to every important executive as he or she ascends the ladder (especially in a public company) and the portfolio of duties and responsibilities grows. There is no other way to manage time and exposure and have any left over for personal use.

Last edited:

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
All of us should know by now that Ralph Gilles has been appointed head of global design for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Ralph was also named to the Group Executive Council, the highest decision-making body of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Ralph has been a die hard Viper supporter and advocate for many years and I firmly believe that the Viper would not have been brought back from the dead without his passion and efforts after the last Gen IV rolled off the assembly line on July 1, 2010.
In addition, Ralph's ability to drive the car on a road course is well known and he has always been accessable to many of us.

For the above reasons, I nominate Ralph for the VCA Hall of Fame and respectfully request that the National Board take whatever action is needed to approve the nomination.

Respectfully submitted,

Bob

ABSOLUTELY!!

I woulda thought he'd be in there already!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets