Not Many Members?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking around the forums,I have noticed there are no where near as many Members out there but alot of Enthusiasts......... :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry :(

My guess would be, that there is a lot more people who WISH to own a Viper...than who can actually afford to. :drive: :usa:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres been a software update Baz, anyone who isnt actually a paid up VCA member has been
altered, automatically to Enthusiast

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres been a software update Baz, anyone who isnt actually a paid up VCA member has been
altered, automatically to Enthusiast

...as well as those that used to have the "Viper Owner" designation.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a paid up VENOM member, but my VENOM disappeared. Still shows me as member though. Not sure I understand how this "purging" is working. Some bugs in any type of change are expected, but this is throwing all sorts of strange stuff out there and it's been going on for a LONG time.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know whats up. I emailed a mod my 08 Vin# days ago but still not upgraded to owner yet:dunno:. I need to pay my dues and get my VCA membership again i guess.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they got rid of "owner" status.
They still should have owner status since many are out of range of race tracks or any gatherings and can't fully enjoy the benefits. Now if the next VOI would come to Rochester, NY then I would renew ASAP. I can still dream.:D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about other regions, but GA-VCA people get their money's worth in food alone. We went to a Year One carshow on Saturday. Plan was to meet at ******* (located right beside interstate) at 2, leave at 2:15. Several people showed up early, I figured what the hell...the GA-VCA will buy lunch. 11 VCA members got a "surprise" free meal out of the deal. Those who showed up at 2, came in, ordered and we waited on them to finish. We pay for everything but alcohol. You want dessert? Be my guest. They'll get at least 5-6 more free meals this year. Plus we pay entry fees for most events (we paid for the Year One carshow fees), FREE Christmas party, 1/2 cost dyno day, etc.

I still remember at my 1st event, me and my dad went and when we ordered food the then GA-VCA President told me to order whatever I wanted, the club was picking up the check. I was like "Really?" and he said to me "its the Viper Club, not the Yugo club. We take care of our members". That stuck with me, so I continued the tradition.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"We take care of our members" And members stick together.........

The way it should be...

Wow. Paying for comradery. Wow. I like to think a common bond is not fee based.

@ Chad... I can afford my own food. Yeah, I've scored some free meals via the club membership, but... did I say I can afford food?

Similar to states like Wisconsin realizing that unions are no longer needed, does a car enthusiast need to pay to organize with friends with the technology of the Internet? Does the VCA need to rethink their business profile to modern life?

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a paid member of a number of car clubs and racing organizations. I get out way more than what I put in, as long as I get involved.

Some of them lobby the government on enthusiast issues as well.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Membership in the VCA hasn't dropped. In fact, it's the highest it's ever been based on the renewals as of Feb/Mar. My region (NY/CT) saw an increase in membership this year as well. We have more site sponsors than ever before. As with Chad, we put as much as we can towards the members as possible. We have a very active events calendar that's been growing every year. If non-members want to tag along to our events, no problem. All are welcome.

The decision to remove the "Viper Owner" designation has inflated the number of "Enthusiast" titles on the site. We also found a few "VCA Member" that weren't paid VCA members, some going back a few years. The bottom line is that the website membership list is being cleaned against the official VCA membership list. I expect to see more 'Enthusiasts' as the list continues to be scrubbed.

I know there are those that live for the drama and would like to see the membership drop but unfortunately for them, that's not the case. :D In the end, who cares. Member or not, go out and hook up with your fellow Viper owners and drive.

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My membership is hanging by a thread. I can't be free to join many gatherings but I still think it's worth $10/month. Besides, I had a little gen 1 party in my garage today ... Guys I would never have met without the club.

Good times.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee Dave, that's kind of a bitter commentary on clubs and friends. Yes, you can do it for free but you probably waste more money than that every year. I've only had a car for a year but in the TN/ALA club, it's been worth the money and I probably would not have met that many Viper owners any other way.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee Dave, that's kind of a bitter commentary on clubs and friends. Yes, you can do it for free but you probably waste more money than that every year. I've only had a car for a year but in the TN/ALA club, it's been worth the money and I probably would not have met that many Viper owners any other way.

I had a bitter departure from the VCA. Can't even tell you about it here. It would be censored like it was then.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Membership in the VCA hasn't dropped. In fact, it's the highest it's ever been based on the renewals as of Feb/Mar.

I am trained in statistics. Makes reading the news or listening to the average politician nauseating. I challenge you to provide a weighted membership report. Number of members as a percentage of current car owners. Provide 20 data points, the minimum that is statistically a trend by statistical definitions. If the club has not been in existance that long then use the life of the club as the defining length of the survey.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a member for a long time (with a brief time out) but I am now listed as an enthusiast and I have paid up my membership. I miss my member "Delmarvelous" designation.

I sent in my membership along with the current raffle payment.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've met a lot of viper owners at regional club functions. Some have become friends, but most, not so much. The club functions are usually fun, but there isn't much viper talk that goes on. I don't mind the cost of membership, even if I didn't go to any of the events...and I don't plan on going to many this year. I've definitely thought about not renewing, but in the end...I've received a lot of help from members of this forum and I feel like I owe something back.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trained in statistics. Makes reading the news or listening to the average politician nauseating. I challenge you to provide a weighted membership report. Number of members as a percentage of current car owners. Provide 20 data points, the minimum that is statistically a trend by statistical definitions. If the club has not been in existance that long then use the life of the club as the defining length of the survey.

Sounds like work. I'll put it on my to-do list after the "Remove annoying hair from mole on left butt cheek" task. If it gets done, it'll probably be posted in the VCA Member's section and/or an issue of the Viper mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21