NoVA Viper Tech

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a dealer with a good Viper Tech in the NoVA area. Tried searching, but nothing in past year has been posted about one. Recommendations?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try contacting Ron Hickey (VA/MD Pres) He lives in Northern Virginia and knows were to go and more importantly where not to go.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the details of the conversation.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MP go to Jerry's Dodge in Springfield and see Jeff Scherwin (Viper Tech) and Jeff East (service manager).

I have dealt with these guys over a dozen times. Real Viper people who take excellent care of my car and give me no B.S. It is an hour and a half drive for me and I don't hesistate to do it.

Tell them Jody said hello. 703-866-1700

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do you need done? Emissions and Safety inspection for registration purposes?

I took my car to Dulles Dodge in Chantilly, right off of RT.50/RT.28.

Didn't put me on a totem pole cause I was a viper owner or anything, but then again, they probably didn't like the fact that I was so young. The Viper tech seemed to be busy and really didn't talk to me at all, in fact some other guy performed the safety inspection (which was about 2 minutes long) and the dyno/emissions. It was quick and painless, and I got to sit and watch from right outside the garage bay. Plus, its 10 minutes from my house.

Don't know how I would feel about sending my car to anyone for something major besides Chuck "The Wizard" Tator and the dealer I bought the car from (Roanoke Motors).

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dulles Dodge (Browns) has a Viper tech, but can't do the frame warrenty repair. They suggested the tech at Jerry's, too. I was hoping for something closer - I wonder if he was talking about the Springfield one.

Thanks, will give him a call. I'm taking to to Dulles for fluids and such; but Jerry's for the warrenty work.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MP. just drive up the road to Heffner. Screw the warranty and PAY him to do it right. I have never heard of a dealer in MD/VA/DC that would not botch this. OR take it up the road to Tator, OR just don't do it. Unless you are tracking the car heavily you should not have an issue. Why not call Jason and ask his opinion. All the above is based on a conversation I had with him and I'm still in a holding pattern with this, no rush if no heavy track time. I'm actually more worried about half shafts breaking if I don't upgrade.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've dealt with the tech at Jerry's. He seemed to know what he was talking about but then again i've only bought parts from him. Where in VA are you?

--Rob

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fairfax. Thanks, Lee, for the advise. I'm going to check out these dealers first but might hold off til winter for a full workover by Chuck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4