Number of 96 and 97 Vipers produced

jjbondzio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Does anyone know with 100% accuracy the number of 1996 Dodge Viper GTS produced and then how many of those were the blue and white color scheme?

Also, how many 1997 GTS were produced and how many of them were the blue and white color scheme?

We are looking at purchasing a GTS and my father wanted me to get that info for him. Thanks for your time

CS14

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, not all -96 black/black is black/black...some are Wimbledon white with Guardsman blue stripes / black interior, maximum 50... Carroll Shelby Limited Edition
Here are no. 14. :D

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Does anyone know with 100% accuracy the number of 1996 Dodge Viper GTS produced and then how many of those were the blue and white color scheme?

Also, how many 1997 GTS were produced and how many of them were the blue and white color scheme?

We are looking at purchasing a GTS and my father wanted me to get that info for him. Thanks for your time

96- 1162 (+ 4 white)
97- 965

97 was NOT supposed to be built in Blue/White. FACT!.

For $25 you can buy a "VIPER BUYER'S GUIDE" that explains all the differences, the build counts, and the collectibility issues.

Avail at NoCal VCA or PartsRack.com - Home

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The numbers on the registry don't tell the whole story, as it does not list the number of painted wheels cars for '97 (or '96). Likely the B&W you're looking at has the pollished wheels, but for certain there were more than a few with painted wheels.

Good luck with the purchase!

Last edited: