NY/CT Vipers Whos Going to VOI 10 Detroit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

Im trying to get a rough idea on who is actually driving to VOI 10 in Detroit Mi from Aug 27-30th. It would be a 9-10 hour (600 miles) drive on 80 West. The plan is to leave Tuesday Aug 26 in the AM (8am?) and head back on Sunday Aug 31st in the afternoon. I know its way early but if you can give me a rought idea it would help greatly in planning a caravan.

Thanks
DK :headbang:

https://www.voi10.com/dates/dates.html

Last edited by a moderator:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios will let you know soon if I go me and Georgia will go out with you or we might go away on vacation have not decided yet......Its up to her....Adrian

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be driving the Viper with my sister as co-pilot and navigator. Leaving on Tuesday morning, the plan currently is to leave between 3 and 4 AM from CT to start the 11+ hour drive. If there is a convoy of Vipers we could meet up with, that would be great. :drive:

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be driving the Viper with my sister as co-pilot and navigator. Leaving on Tuesday morning, the plan currently is to leave between 3 and 4 AM from CT to start the 11+ hour drive. If there is a convoy of Vipers we could meet up with, that would be great. :drive:
as of now we're planning on leaving NYC at around 7-8am. this will put us into Detroit at around 6pm. i ve done that drive couple of times and it took about 9.5 hours to get there driving at around 75mph . we'll try to set up a spot somewhere on 80 west as we get closer with NJ, CT and NY.

also we might be able to set some times for tohers vipers coming from 76 N or South by pittsburg into Ohio state. there is a rest stop. its called PORTAGE REST STOP right after exit 200 on 80 heading west. this is the first restop into ohio right after PA. it took me 6 hours to get there from NYC with no stops so figure meeting vipers coming from I-76 at around 2-3pm. we could pick up vipers coming from pittsburg areas, virgina, or most states from the south

Last edited:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as of now we're planning on leaving NYC at around 7-8am. this will put us into Detroit at around 6pm. i ve done that drive couple of times and it took about 9.5 hours to get there driving at around 75mph . we'll try to set up a spot somewhere on 80 west as we get closer with NJ, CT and NY.

also we might be able to set some times for tohers vipers coming from 76 N or South by pittsburg into Ohio state. there is a rest stop. its called PORTAGE REST STOP right after exit 200 on 80 heading west. this is the first restop into ohio right after PA. it took me 6 hours to get there from NYC with no stops so figure meeting vipers coming from I-76 at around 2-3pm. we could pick up vipers coming from pittsburg areas, virgina, or most states from the south

I don't normally do 75 mph consistently, but I was looking for an excuse for a new radar detector anyway. :D Besides you'll be the lead car since you know the route so well. :lmao:Do you stop to eat or take bathroom breaks along the way? I could go straight but I'm sure the women need bathroom breaks and smokers also. This is my first summer with the VCA so I'm a newbie at this and may have many questions. :newbie: This will also be my first VOI, looking forward to it! :headbang:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't normally do 75 mph consistently, but I was looking for an excuse for a new radar detector anyway. :D Besides you'll be the lead car since you know the route so well. :lmao:Do you stop to eat or take bathroom breaks along the way? I could go straight but I'm sure the women need bathroom breaks and smokers also. This is my first summer with the VCA so I'm a newbie at this and may have many questions. :newbie: This will also be my first VOI, looking forward to it! :headbang:

I may be heading up as well. You can follow my Viper with the trailer hitch.:lmao:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I following your viper or your trailer? :rolaugh: Looking forward to meeting all the local Viper owners anyway.

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be trailering, would like to hook up with convoy. I might get started a little earlier to get out of NY with trailer.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

speed limit on I-80 is 65mph. if you do 10 over the limit youre fine with the police. just so you know semi trucks do 75mph on this road. so 75-80mph is not a problem

yes we make stops for bathrooms, and we all gas up the same time so we dont make multiple stops for each car. you get about 250-275 miles on a full tank of gas in our vipers if your driving in 6th gear. we will stop for lunch at some point.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, sounds great. I make it to my parents in Vt. on about 3/4 of a tank and they are about 250 miles and I do use 6th gear. Thanks for answering the questions.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
havent booked rooms yet but will most likely be motor city. several are trailering. a few are talking about driving. still way early in the game. you know it goes.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI is a month and half away.

who is going? are you driving, flyn or trailering..trying to figure out a few things..thanks DK

1MEANASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plan on leaving from gowanda ny area on wed morning-about 6 hr ride from there-will be driving 08 ssg- booked at motor city hotel-will be headed back on sunday-post times where you'l be -would like to hook up -i can change my times to suit

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there Wednesday at noon. Staying at the Motor City. Looks like I may have to leave late Thurdsay though.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just booked my VOI and motor city hotel. they dont have double bed rooms available and i booked a king.

anyone else comfirmed and is going? lets start getting a head count

1-Dimitros - Driving
2-Tator - Trailer
3-1MeanAsp ?
4-BlueQuad?
5-ViperTony?
6-93 Viper Boy?
7-Scott - Flying

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may go and if I do I will drive. I should know by this weekend. Also, Black Mamba1 is going although I'm not sure if he's driving, trailering or flying.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we get a group of 6 it will be fun...im planning on coming back satuday though after that F1 race or whatever on belle isle

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so we're just under a month away and still no comfirmed NY/CT drivers. i guess ill be driving along side steve K then

Last edited:

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo D i just gotta see if i can take off work that week. If i can i will drive as well and can meet up with you guys on RT 80W.
BTW see if randy is coming we need a decoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten