NY/CT vs. NE Karting Event at Oakland Valley - Sunday Sept. 3rd

PrimeTime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering bringing my 17 and 11 year old sons.
Does anyone know if there is a minimum age?

Will all of the VCA members be on the track at the same time or will we be separated by age?

What is the cost per participant?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering bringing my 17 and 11 year old sons.
Does anyone know if there is a minimum age?

Will all of the VCA members be on the track at the same time or will we be separated by age?

What is the cost per participant?

I had asked Scott the same thing and he told me that it was okay. I am bringing my 15 year old brother as well as my girlfriend's 13 year old sister if that helps.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This event looks like so much fun :2tu:
If I wasn't flying to Georgia this weekend this Jersey guy would be begging for a spot!
Hope the weather holds for you guys...have a kick a** time! :headbang:
Dave

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of Thursday, 5PM, the weather report is OK for Sunday:

Report for the track

I'll be speaking with Mike, their manager, on Saturday afternoon and post whether we're a GO or Reschedule.

PLEASE check back here for that info.

REMEMBER: 12:00 NOON ARRIVAL TIME
11:00 Meeting at the Ardsley Thruway Rest Area

Reigning NY/CT/NE Region Champion Charlie T
Keith + 3 (Dana, Dana's Sister, My Brother)
Steve
Scott +1
Wizard
Mad Dog Byrd
Spirit +1
Noble Ken
Dan T + 1

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey due to the crappy weather no boating this weekend I might be able to make this if it is still on ,what time are you guys meeting and what is the fee for the track?

Russ

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are all the spaces taken or is there still room for two more in case I can make it up with a friend ?

You can have my space if the event is still on. Looked at the weather and there is no way I will be making this one.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,I have a wedding to be at tomorrow at 6:30 and don't think I will take the chance in going just don't want to be rushing around...Adrian

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are all the spaces taken or is there still room for two more in case I can make it up with a friend ?

You can have my space if the event is still on. Looked at the weather and there is no way I will be making this one.
Seriously Keith....do you realize how you appear when you post these weather related bail-outs? It's WATER for God sake.

They say they can handle as many as we bring. So, everyone's welcome. Check back today after 4:00PM and I'll post up whether the event is on or cancelled.

Sunday Day
Variable cloudiness; warmer with a shower or thunderstorm possible
High 74°F
RealFeel®: 76°F
View the Hour-By-Hour™ Forecast
Winds: WSW at 4mph
Wind Gusts: 9 mph
Max UV Index: Moderate (4)
Thunderstorm
Probability: 30%
Amount of Precipitation: 0.00in
Amount of Rain: 0.00in
Amount of Snow: 0.00in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 Hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 Hrs
Hours of Sun: 12.2 Hrs

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously Keith....do you realize how you appear when you post these weather related bail-outs? It's WATER for God sake.

What is the big deal? It is one thing if I said I was attending to a RSVP only event and then did not show but this was for an "open" event as you have stated and besides, people have already taken my spots. I do not like to drive my car in the rain, end of story. Way to much to clean afterwards, and what would be the point anyway. Yes, if we get stuck in the rain while driving that is one thing, but knowing it is going to rain is different and looking at the forecast it is going to drain both today and tomorrow.

Now as for this event. It is calling for rain in NY & NJ so I am not going for that fact. It can rain or not but I have my brother and my girlfriends sister to take home after the event and do not want to get stuck driving in a downpour while driving them home since they would be spending the night with us in order to attend. I made a decision to not attend the event therefore, not having to chance taking them back tomorrow in a downpour of rain. If it were only Dana and I attending, we could have played it by ear but since the other two were attending, we needed advanced planning and looking at the forcast, I made the right choice. Sorry you do not understand but that is my decision, and besides, why not wait until the final call is made before you get mad at me.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along......

Rain is not fun. Personally I have way more things going on in my life than to chance doing any outsdie event in the rain. I could fill my time with a hundred things in a snap.

If I go tomorrow, it's cause I recouperated from a party I'm having at my house tonight.

AC

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along......

Rain is not fun. Personally I have way more things going on in my life than to chance doing any outsdie event in the rain. I could fill my time with a hundred things in a snap.

If I go tomorrow, it's cause I recouperated from a party I'm having at my house tonight.

AC

No problem here. I just stated my much needed rebuttal to his statement so that no one got the wrong idea.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here Keith:

Let me make this simple,

Perhaps rather than
Looked at the weather and there is no way I will be making this one.
You might try
Don't know guys. If it looks like rain, I might make other plans. But I'll wait to see the forecast.

Then again, do ya think that just maybe, that's exactly what we're all thinkiing anyway? It's an outdoor event. They (the track) will not allow us to run in the rain (or even if the track is too wet for that matter).

Whatever...

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still fail to see the big controversy on me not attending but whatever you say, you are the president.
Exactly the point Keith.

My job is to produce Viper related events, get the word out to all the NY/CT members and motivate those members to attend. The fact that any chance of weather (wether it be rain, wind, humidity, etc.) causes you extraordinary concern is absolutely fine. Trust me, we all well know that your involvement is conditional to the weather. It just doesn't help me motivate other members when you post a "no way am I going" due to a relatively small chance of rain well before we need to make a "yay or nay" determination for a planned event.

There's no controversy. There's just a club trying to put on a successful event. We have over 200 local members. I guess I should consider myself lucky that all our event threads don't include 160 "no way am I going" posts along with an RSVP list of 40 participants.

But then again, I'm just an old grouch nearing the end of my term. (Hey Adrian!)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still fail to see the big controversy on me not attending but whatever you say, you are the president.
Exactly the point Keith.

My job is to produce Viper related events, get the word out to all the NY/CT members and motivate those members to attend. The fact that any chance of weather (wether it be rain, wind, humidity, etc.) causes you extraordinary concern is absolutely fine. Trust me, we all well know that your involvement is conditional to the weather. It just doesn't help me motivate other members when you post a "no way am I going" due to a relatively small chance of rain well before we need to make a "yay or nay" determination for a planned event.

There's no controversy. There's just a club trying to put on a successful event. We have over 200 local members. I guess I should consider myself lucky that all our event threads don't include 160 "no way am I going" posts along with an RSVP list of 40 participants.

But then again, I'm just an old grouch nearing the end of my term. (Hey Adrian!)

Understandable. I will try not to be as harsh next time. :bonker:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, I have to agree with Scott on this one and I understand where you're coming from. We try not to be the ones to put a negative post up because then people will say I'm not going that's all. This is not anyone just pointing you out I promise you that. The world is changing the first black president might just happen someday :D Adrian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang