NY/CT vs. NE Karting Event at Oakland Valley - Sunday Sept. 3rd

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Our second event at Oakland Valley. This is truly an exceptional day of Karting. If you've never tried, this is your opportunity for some excellent fun! We're on the track ay 11:00 AM so those leaving from the NYC area should plan leaving around 9:00 AM to leave some time for the brief classroom instruction. The track provides all the equipment (vests, gloves, jacket and neck support), however you should try to bring your own helmet if at all possible.
<font color="red">
This will be the only opportunity for the NE Region to regain ANY semblance of dignity after the shellacking they too at the hands of the NY/CT Region back in February (not to mention the Yankees just days ago ;) ) </font>

2402sweep.jpg

<font color="blue">
Located only an hour from New York City and Connecticut. Two hours from the Philadelphia, PA area and only about thirty minutes from Northern NJ. OVRP is the east coast's premier, full time, and action packed karting and Supermoto racing facility. Oakland Valley Race Park is professionally staffed and fully equipped to please every racer, group, company, or event that comes our way ranging from a single individual racer to a Fortune 500 company and even some celebrities! We offer a world class 1/2 mile asphalt sprint road course. We offer a paved pit area, covered pit area with electric and air supply, a clean indoor cafeteria, and clean indoor restroom facilities.

OVRP offers a family friendly atmosphere that is great for all ages. Our fully stocked onsite kart shop, Trackside Motorsports, offers industry leading karting equipment, services, and professional technical support that is unparalleled by any other shop or facility on the east coast as our results speak for themselves with our own factory race team, TEAM OVRP.com winning five National Karting Points Championships in 2005. Our kart shop is professionally staffed by many time national karting champions in order to offer help you with all aspects of kart racing and to ensure each customer's SUCCESS THROUGH SUPPORT! In addition to world class products and support, OVRP offers many services for the convenience of our racers such as tire mounting, kart and engine repair, maintenance, tuning, and set up. We also offer on premise secure kart and/or trailer storage, national race kart transportation, arrive and drive, and America's #1 Team Support Program!

Oakland Valley Race Park, is the east coasts premier kart and Supermoto racing facility. We are great place for both beginners and seasoned veterans alike, Oakland Valley Race Park offers a world class a 1/2 mile asphalt sprint road course, 1/5 mile dirt oval for those looking for wheel to wheel, "left turn" short track action, and the Northeast's premier and original Supermoto motorcycle track with a dedicated dirt section.

The track, with it's top of the line pit area and on site food services is nestled in the mountains, just a short distance from the scenic Delaware River. Hotels and campgrounds with swimming pools as well as malls, restaurants, and movie theaters are just minutes away making the Oakland Valley Race Park experience fun for everyone, from the most serious racing enthusiast to the entire family.

So, if you've been playing one of those "virtual reality" racing simulators on your computer at all hours of the day and night, you really need to get over to Oakland Valley Race Park for a good dose of "Actual Reality". Put on a helmet and gloves and drive a real racing kart that is capable of speeds over 70mph, on a real racetrack with other real drivers. </font>

Oakland Valley Webpage

Meeting times and locations to be announced just prior to the event.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I see the date changed. Three of us as of now. Any age limits?
Last year Jr. Ms. Spirit made the trip and drove her own Kart. She did pretty well!

There is a limited number of drivers that we can accomodate, so we'll need to take reservations soon.

We get the track all to ourselves for a few hours...and trust me, after a several 20 minute sessions, you are BEAT.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I see the date changed. Three of us as of now. Any age limits?
Last year Jr. Ms. Spirit made the trip and drove her own Kart. She did pretty well!

There is a limited number of drivers that we can accomodate, so we'll need to take reservations soon.

We get the track all to ourselves for a few hours...and trust me, after a several 20 minute sessions, you are BEAT.

That is what I thought. If I recall correctly, wasn't your daughter there as well? I think someone had told me that but I can not remember. Anyway, I am in for this one with Dana and my younger brother Dimitri.

KEITH + 2

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so let's begin the list:

Reigning NY/CT/NE Region Champion Charlie T :headbang:
Keith +2
Steve
Scott +1
Wizard

Where's the rest of you looozers? :p :D

N.Y. Thruway (Route 87) North to Exit 16 (Harriman)

Take Route 17 (left lane after toll) West approximately 25 miles to Exit 113 (Wurtsboro)

Take Route 209 South approximately 8.5 miles to Cuddebackville

Pass firehouse on left side and then make a very sharp right onto Oakland Valley Road

Track is approximately 1.5 miles up on the road on left side

2402101-0189_IMG.JPG
2402101-0190_IMG.JPG
2402101-0196_IMG.JPG
2402101-0193_IMG.JPG

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, what happened to my post? I thought that was a good one.....

AC
Well...it was funny! LOL

When I tried to change the title to the correct date (after you made fodder of my "timing" ;) ) I was past the website editing deadline. So I asked Jay to make the change of dates in the title for me. He did, but I guess he also deleted the first few humorous posts too. &lt;shrug&gt;

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gone for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose. I now realize I am engaged to do battle with Steve SLS. Thanks Scott! I guess I am also up agaist this secret Porsche test driver as well. I'm going to have to pull out the old Bigwheel and practice in front of my house.
7328chuckP1_copy-med.jpg

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Charlie T your going down my friend :) )))))) I have "The Spirit" and "Baby Spirit" giving me lessons all next week ;) Lol I know see the Wizard has seen the light...... welcome my German brother

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys do this stuff on holiday weekends. I have about 75 people in the neighborhood coming over my house the day before. I'll need all day Sunday to get things back to normal.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys do this stuff on holiday weekends. I have about 75 people in the neighborhood coming over my house the day before. I'll need all day Sunday to get things back to normal.

Best wait till Monday, and call the 75 people back over to help with the cleanup. See, problem solved.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OR just go to their house...no clean ups..

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OR just go to their house...no clean ups..

Exactly! D came up with the best solution. Andrew see you there!!

D where have you been? Dark side of the moon?
7328dim4-med.jpg

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revised:

Reigning NY/CT/NE Region Champion Charlie T
Keith + 3 (Dana, Dana's Sister, My Brother)
Steve
Scott +1
Wizard
Mad Dog Byrd
Spirit +1
Noble Ken

The reigning NY/CT/NE Region Champion has expressed his compassion with the NE Region's FEAR of participating in this competition. In that regard, he has pledged to use only a mild hand in WHIPPING NE asses this time around. ;)

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red"> A few scheduling changes:

Oakland Valley has asked that we better our chances of holding the event by making the start time later. Since they expect rain on Saturday, they want the track to be dry.

Sooooo:

We need to arrive at NOON and we will have the track till they close (which is far more time than anyone can stand). Let's make our meeting time at the Ardsley Rest Area (immediately after the first Thruway toll) for 11:00 AM.

I'll be speaking with them late Saturday and will post if we're being cancelled due to rain.

</font>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang