NY/CT vs. NE Karting Event at Oakland Valley - Sunday Sept. 3rd

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...Just spoke with the track and as far as they are concerned, we're a GO! They are convinced that the weather will be fina as their local forcast is for clouds and brightening skys in the afternoon. Althought I attempted to reschedule, there's no dates available until November and, unfortunately, we're on the hook.

So:

11:00 AM PROMPT at the Thruway first rest area (Ardsley) right after the toll (before the TZ bridge).
12:00 Arrival

We'll be pretty much driving till we drop since with fewer participants, there a LOT of seat time. Bring your 2nd car if you don't want to drive your Vipers...BUT COME!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm bringing the viper and guess what this might come as a surprise but soap and water will clean it and you will never know it was out. If ever decided to sell will still say NEVER SEEN RAIN :nana: FUTURE PRESIDENT???? :cool:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
second car then that one will get wet,can't you get us a bus or even better a limo or something?

Too funny! I'm driving Russ into the grass tomorrow!

Actually doesn't look too bad :2tu: :

Sunday Day
Warmer; cloudy in the morning, then times of clouds and sun in the afternoon
High 72°F
Russ' RealFeel®: 73°F
Winds: SW at 4mph
Wind Gusts: 10 mph
Max UV Index: Moderate (3)
Thunderstorm Probability: 5%
Amount of Precipitation: 0.00in
Amount of Rain: 0.00in
Amount of Snow: 0.00in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 Hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 Hrs
Hours of Sun: 12.2 Hrs

PrimeTime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, let's hook-up tomorrow morning. How about 9:45 am, LIE Exit 37 just west of Willis Ave. on the service road?

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City see you in front of my house at 10:30 will take the ride up with you guys but have to get back for a wedding :evilmad: Adrian

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather looks promising. Starting to clear in the city (some blue sky and sun :nana: ) and the forecast for Cuddebackville is cloudy with clearing by noon. Maybe even Keith can make the passage in light of the improving weather?

See you guys soon. The track accepts credit cards...but the lunch joint does not.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good times. i think the owner at that track must of thought we were the crazyest bunch he had ever seen. destroying his go carts and burnouts in the lot with the vipers and tators truck was something he did expect. charlie where the PICS?

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just as a note we downed 5 of there karts and the prize goes to the "WHEEL MAN" Charlie for the best damaged kart LOL What a great day thanx guys your always a good time and guess what NO RAIN

Russ

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who didn't make it, you have absolutely no idea, what a blast you missed out on. If we could make one mandatory event for the members to attend, I think this would have to be it. The weather turned out to be excellent. The drivers turned out to be total lunatics. The owner of the Park was getting ulcers watching us and reeling in mechanical carnage.

Baz, wish you could have stayed one more week to join us.

Here we go:
Triple *** Mad Dog even drove up to represent all races and creed, yes even including the Greek population
7328acr7-med.jpg

The Spririt of Les and Junior Spirit Samantha both drove carts @ Oakland

7328acr3-med.jpg

A true Rebel, Steve SLS still shows he wears the Viper logo even when driving a 996 Twin Turbo
7328acr6-med.jpg

Super "D" Goes over bridges at minimum speeds of 130mph. Getting killer hang time down the other side.
7328acr8-med.jpg

Supercharged Blue and Whites going head to head
7328acr10-med.jpg

Eagle Eye City Snake keeping a lookout for troopers.
7328acr9-med.jpg

Dimitrios and Steve SLS both saying "If you Fck with me I'll Fck with you!!"
7328acr11-med.jpg

D intimidating and threatening other drivers by putting on his race face.
7328acr24-med.jpg

Russ and D determining who they can sabotage in the next race.
7328acr15-med.jpg

The man to beat. Need I say his name? No one could pass him, I know, I snapped entire right rear wheel off the axle trying like hell in the process.
7328acr14-med.jpg

Champion Kart Driver Matt, Tator, and Monster Steve
7328acr16-med.jpg

The Cutting Crew
7328acr17-med.jpg

City and Monster Steve see the weakness in other drivers out there.
7328acr18-med.jpg

Russ and Steve SLS going at it
7328acr21-med.jpg

Stop spinning out in front of me and killing my Fcking Line!!
7328acr26-med.jpg

Bent rims just like cars back in NY City, damn I feel right at home here.
7328acr19-med.jpg

The owner of Oakland Race Park saying, "Please, all of you Leave and stop destroying my Park, your Viper Club has upset me and my family, go just go!"
I am too digusted to be seen in photos!!!
7328acr25-med.jpg

Can't we sit this one out and watch everyone else kill themselves for a while?
7328acr22-med.jpg

The Famous Helmet owned by Super "D"
7328DSC_01181-med.JPG

That sign over there says "No Smoking"? Fck that!! I'll smoke wherever I damn well please.
7328acr27-med.jpg

Nobody's gonna tell Chuck Tator I can't smoke!
7328acr28-med.jpg

Still Lightin Up! How do like that Sht?
7328acr34-med.jpg

Monster Steve says, "Give me a light, I think I'll smoke too. Fck these signs!"
7328acr30-med.jpg

I'll crush somebody if they try telling me I can't smoke!
7328acr31-med.jpg

I'll Fckin smoke all the way home if I want to! Fck Non Smokers!!!
7328acr32-med.jpg

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see everyone sorry I had to go German but I have been to busy to change my trashed tire from the Pocono event. You guys are nuts lol but we do have fun :) You Charlie was looking pumped huh hey dude I hope you get tested after the race.He is so big and strong now that he pushed on the steering wheel in the turn and actually broke off the rear wheel :eek: ..........by the way the Wizard cast his spell on that 7 car he was driving.When they moved me into it I felt like it had the "Spirits" 10lb pulley on it............hey the "D" man is no longer a straight away guy he is now "The D Man of Road Racing" he was nailing the apex's like he was the Spirit..........next year I say we have a weight penalty for all you skinny Gumby guys:)..........hey Rus dont forget you need to add air before you go out on the track,way to drive with a flat and Pres. all I can say is you would make one hell of a Mud Bog driver :needpics:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way did everyone see Adrian eat a whole pie in like 2 minutes and what is with the white showing through?????lol

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a fun (exhausting) day! Thanks to everyone for bring such great enthusiasm. Between the driving workout and the constant laughter, I barely had the strength to keep up with the spirited driving on the way home.

I still don't get why we often have so much trauma about potential weather. We drove out in brilliant sunshine. Once at the track, it remained overcast all day long...which was actually a plus since it remained cool (a condition that I found would be made even more comfortable with a touch of cool track water every fourth or fifth lap).

But seriously, it's great fun to drive OTHER PEOPLE's cars (Karts) to the brink and beyond. Excellent means to learn driving skills (especially the limits of tire adhesion) without risking damage to your Viper.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is anyone sore besides me? by biceps and rib cage is killin me
D mine back and arms are sore as hell.....I want to thank all my friends who laught at me when I came running out of the bathroom and yelling I have something black on my face....Adrian

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is anyone sore besides me? by biceps and rib cage is killin me

12 Advil...don't feel a thing!

BTW-

Just received email this from Friendly "get that ***** off the track" Mike:

<font color="blue">You guys were a blast! I look forward to your next visit. I can discount the group to $ 200.00 and comp you.

I think they left a few sets of tires on my asphalt!

Thanks again
Mike
</font>

Guess not only does he really have a friendly side, but he likes us! :headbang:

Please don't mention the presidential comp to anyone. I don't want that part to get around.

Charles: Please get me copies of your photos when you get the chance (for the NY/CT Website).

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL great pics and yes my arms are sore and the sides of my ribs..........when can we play again :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang