NY / NJ / CT / PA Members: Cigar Den Run on Sunday, October 3rd, 2004

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys. Finally got a good date. On October 3rd I have planned a Cigar run. Plan is to go to the Cigar shop, smoke a few cigars (for the people that want to), see the place, and then go to lunch in either Far Hills/Basking Ridge or Short Hills, New Jersey. It is a nice drive from Cigar Den to lunch. Should be a nice day. The spot is my friends new place in East Brunswick, NJ which PChop has been to. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SMOKE CIGARS TO ATTEND! This is just a fun and different run. Let me know who is in.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N.E Club has a event planned same day in laconia NH? That would be Fun also. Let me know if anyone is into the cigar trip if not maybe NH is an option! What's the town in jersey so i can look it up on mapquest! Barb says she is game F355 so i'll make sure she is well rested and cool!!! :2tu: :D :D :D

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck, it sounds like Barb requires more prep time before an outing than my Vette before a race :D :D ;)

I'd love to go but I'll be in Newport spending quality time with my wife.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT10Paul--- :D Your right!!!She doesn't like waiting over an hour in the hot sun on the side of the road! Its a Guy thing, we have patients! Newport sounds Really nice! Been there several times! Have an extra Room??? :2tu: <font color="red"> </font> <font color="yellow"> </font>

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Extra room? Why? You can stay in my room. Maybe my wife wouldn't even notice? This way I can go on the Cigar run :D

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you don't have to come inside the store and subject your self to smoke. Its a viper event, we'll cruise around &amp; have some fun!!!It will be a good time I'm sure!!!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No you do not have to go inside but the event is centered around the Cigar shop so we will be there for quite some time. Also the drive is about 30 - 45 minutes from the Cigar shop to lunch. We have about 15 cars confirmed running from Viper to Ferrari to Lamborghini.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final Details For October 3rd RAIN OR SHINE!

Final Details:

The meeting spot is going to be off of Route 18 at the Ramada Inn/Sheraton Inn at NOON. The hotel name has been changed so many times I can not remember which one it is. The sign says the name of the hotel and STARLIGHT STEAKHOUSE in blue under it.

Directions:

Take the NJ Turnpike to exit 9.

After taking exit 9 go through the toll plaza.

After the toll plaza bear left towards East Brunswick.

You end up going under a little underpass and the road curves left then right. Merge on to Route 18 South.

Go for about 1/4 - 1/2 of a mile on Route 18 South and the hotel is on the right hand side. Pull into the parking lot and you will see me there waiting. THE HOTEL IS A FEW HUNDRED FEET BEFORE THE 1ST TRAFFIC LIGHT!!!!!! Hit the light and you went too far!!

Let me know if you guys need to know anything else.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Final Details For October 3rd RAIN OR SHINE!

Sorry guys, but I'm out.

I am preparing the car to Pocono racetrack that weekend...
I'll have a Cigar in my garage though! (Maybe even a Cuban?)

Lauri

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Final Details For October 3rd RAIN OR SHINE!

I should be going. Do you know the town the hotel is in? I am not sure I have to get on the TP just to get off in one exit. You said 18S but if you know the town, that would be even better.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cancelled

This event has just been cancelled. Too many conflicting details especially with the rain and family obligations with some of the members.

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Cancelled

bummer. I was just about to RSVP now that my wife gave me clearance.

-nick

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Cancelled

Where's the rain? This day is perfect!

--------------------
Aaron

lol, :D what a shame such a perfect day for a long ride.Took my son and i 2 hrs to go to the store and back. :2tu: (I can do the same trip in my truck in 5 mins) :eek: