Official 03 Colors

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RED, Bright Silver (same as the 98/99 car) and BLACK. Black interrior and top. Now this information is from a dealer that says he is on the dealer advisory board and knows first hand this is true.

Beware of third hand information - we know we can count on RED

I am ready to place my order!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
"Official" Colors are Red, Silver, and Graphite.

No "official" change has occured since this announcement.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask your dealer friend if he would like to wager an SRT/10 on that statement. The advisory board you are probably referring to is that one that is in all of the national Zones. These boards are there to help promote the brands and agree on advertising strategies. What they do not do is get accurate Corporate information. Case in point, when the Number one Viper Dealer in the country (woodhouse) wants information on Viper do you think they call their Zone rep, dealer council or the VCA? I will up that wager by two Vipers if you would like to think that they call anyone but the VCA.

I will bet that the dealer is one of those saying that the new Viper will cost around $100,000?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric and others, I may stand corrected. Dodge just told us that the order sheets are being printed with the color selection and there was a big push for black. We will be in Detroit tomorrow and with Dodge on Monday and Tuesday. Tony or I will post the final decision. You guys pushing for black may get your wish after all? Sounds like the push is coming from PVO, and they have someone on staff who reads this site all day.

Expect a post sometime on Tuesday morning. We will call someone from the show to make a post about the announcement.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If somebody from PVO (whatever that is) has influence over what actually gets into production....and reads these boards.....can't he/she see that there are alot of us who would pay a PREMIUM to get the colour of our choice.....why not (maybe even for the first year ONLY since it's THIS year that the loyal owners are most interested in buying) allow us to get the car (for a premium) in the colour we want!! I know I'd be willing to pay THOUSANDS more to get the car in the colour I want rather than SETTLING for red (I already have one red viper!!) black...I have better things to do than wash my car (I'm stealing someone elses' quote!!) and frankly silver (I find) is boring!!
Why is the choice limited to only three colours anyways?
AT LEAST ALLOW US THE OPTION OF STRIPES!!!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, That's great news! At least we "Blackaholics" have some hope. I've got my fingers crossed till Tuesday.
smile.gif

(PS) I know its pushing it but, could they also chrome the VIPER SRT-10 lettering? Man, the look is SWEET in BLACK!!
cool.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipernut,

I believe that Dodge farms out production of much of the body panels to other companies. They don't have a paint booth that the cars roll through. Because of the way they produce these cars, and due to the limited production, they can't really offer many colors. I don't think you would ever see something like the "individual" program that BMW offers, which allows you to basically get a custom factory car.

Furthermore, I don't think Dodge would really be able to calculate the cost of a personal option for the car. I think the cost to Dodge might be a drastic reduction in the # of units they could produce, and extremely more complicated production requirements. In other words, a few thousand bucks wouldn't make up for it - you'd probably be looking at double the cost of the car or more.

I DO think Dodge should offer a bright color for those of us that like such things. I am really hoping Yellow makes it on the list. That is definitely my #1 choice for color, followed by silver. I really want to see "official" pictures of these colors though, before I commit an assload of money to this purchase.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the talk about the old "High Impact Colors" and nobody has said anything about <FONT COLOR="Pink"><FONT face="Tahoma"><FONT size="6">Panther Pink?</FONT s></FONT f></FONT c>

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being one of the first to start the push for black on the discussion board...I'm happy to see someone at Dodge is watching. I hope they go with a winner - Classic,Beautiful "BLACK"

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
MIKE
Thanks for your explanation!! I wouldn't want to spend double for the car....I'm STILL wondering what the final price will be..I WANT TO LOVE THIS CAR...But I'm STILL stuck in neutral!
I WOULD like to see the car in yellow too......with black stripes(maybe)??!!
YEAH BABY!!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh I missed this post for the past couple of days!
I'm so glad I'm not the only person in the whole wide world that wants YELLOW!!!
But...
there might be another option...
since they are making all the Competition Coupes in....PRIMER...
perhaps that is a cost reduction option we could opt for on the SRT's!!!
Let's say... NO COLOR.... for a $2K COST REDUCTION.....
I spoke with VCA Pres T.E. the other day...and he said he knew of someone that could paint the car ANY COLOR for $5K and you would not be able to tel the difference......(now here is an option for us all!!!)

Anyhow.... YELLOW is my option..(I just had to say that!)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG:
1. Red...nice, bright, traditional Viper color
2. Black....mean, not bright, still traditional
3. Silver....classy, easy to maintain, most sedate look (if you want to call it that).
4. Yellow....when red isn't bright enough, crazy color for a crazy car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These clearly are the colors that should be used, and probably are in the order in which they should be made available (i.e., red definitely, second color black, if a third color then silver, etc.). These are the most produced, most favored, broadest selection of colors for the Viper, and one of those should satisfy any potential '03 owner.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike was absolutely correct in his assessment of multiple colors. In 96 there were 3 Viper GTS' done in White with blue stripes. In order for them to assemble these 3 cars they had to have 6 complete sets of body panels painted up so when the cars were assembled they had enough parts to choose from for perfect paint matching (so as not to hold up total production for the day). The VCA officers have gone to great lengths to try to get the raffle cars painted differant colors and all the pleading has gone for nought. We have to choose from the existing palatte of colors...and thats final. I think that the first raffle car is the most unique since it incorporated 3 colors. Will we ever get another unique car like that? Time will tell.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm... Dean, if you want a pink Viper, you might not want to admit it to all of us
biggrin.gif

hehe... just ribbing ya! You made it too easy!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will wonders never cease, they are watching and listening, I'm really impressed! We may get black yet! And as I am the guy that originally started the "who wants black" thread, let me agree with all the folks who would add yellow as a fourth color.
RED-Dodge corporate color
BLACK
SILVER-Gotta remember this is really Mercedes corporate color!
YELLOW
Bring on the black, I'll even dump the M5 for an E55 and with the Durango I'll be all DC.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted a note on the SRT board November 27, 2001 begging for the SRT-10 to be built in Black. I am happy to hear today that it looks like there were enough of us that also loved black for it to be on the short list for 2003!

Thanks to all that supported the Black is Back campaign!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright here is what was told to me while I was in Detroit the last 5 days:

The decision to offer Graphite or Black has changed 8 times in the last WEEK! At this point the intention is to offer black, but there is still a chance that PVO could will not get the final say, which could bring back the Graphite color. The PVO team wants black, but they are taking a beating from other areas.FYI to all. When you get your form it will say black, but be aware that do to the uncertainty that this color could still get nixed and Graphite might get moved back in.

To all you BLACK supporters I just want to say "a job well done"! It became clear that your LOUD collective voices are what PVO is using as ammunition to get you what you desire!

Once the FINAL decision has been made we will get you the answer. I wish I could give you a better answer, but this is what we were told.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
So, the form will say black not graphite....But what happens to someone who orders black but the choice changes back to graphite? Does that person have the opportunity to switch to a different color at that point?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure hope they offer more than 3 colors. Red, Silver and Black don't really pique my interest.

They said yellow may be a color, and it seems there are a LOT of folks on this board who would buy yellow. I bet alot of us haven't spoken out simply because we felt that since Dodge said yellow was a "maybe", that there was no need to mount a campaign for it.

Is 4 colors so bad? Yellow, Red, Silver, Black? Maybe make the silver a little darker colored to appease the graphite guys?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, I am not clear on what your serial process is, but I can assure you that DC does read this board, so if they understand it then it might get legs.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, if I am reading what you said right that is the plan they are going to implement. The cars will be made in color batches, at least that is what they are predicting. They did make it clear that there would only be three of those runs.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, those of us who saw the graphite found it very bland. It just looked like a dirty Viper. The Silver seemed to be the consensus choice as best looking by far. In the Silver, the Viper looked even wider than the others. Just giving you the feedback I just got myself.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that the 4 colors (red, silver, black, yellow) are the best to go with for everyone, with a few qualifiers. Yellow's interest is probably a bit less, and if there are only 3 colors, it seems that it would lose out (and has lost out). Silver's interest and graphite's interest are about the same people, and could be satisfied for both with something in between. Therefore, if DC is faced with only giving 3 colors - red, silver, and black - then they can simply darken the silver a bit - and voila! - the graphite crowd can be satisfied, leaving out yellow (and blue, etc.) for future year colors (rotating out black or silver for a year or two from time to time)

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am guessing that they will notify those who want a certain color if it does not become available? That was not discussed. As for the 4 color options? I remember hearing that the process to change colors was very costly and demanding. That's why they try and keep it at 2-3 color's.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Graphite we saw was inside a lighted area, and it was a very bright room. The silver made the Viper look much sleeker and wider, and better defined the lines than in any of the other color's. The easiest way I can describe the silver is this way: in all the other color choices I have seen, the SRT10 looks narrow, but in silver the SRT10 looks very wide. And you do not have to put it next to a current RT10 to notice how much wider it is.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richard to answer your first question on the DC Design choice. All you need to know is that these are the same people who put out a red Viper with yellow wheels (and before you attack me, I do own a set of those exact wheels). So in my estimation, they all suffer from Stevie Wonder syndrome!

As for a trailer, I am guessing that whatever we tow with today will need to either be adjusted or sold? I think I hear that the SRT10 will not fit in a standard trailer? Since the final production version has yet to be released, you can expect that presice information to appear shortly after the actual production version.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth