Oh, the irony! (boring post, but what the heck)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case you missed one of the replies I posted on a earlier thread, I had a slight misunderstanding with my lovely wife this Sunday as it relates to the Viper. Here is what I wrote:

"I was at the Kansas Speedway yesterday with 19 other Vipers. Went out to the car to get something and noticed a family milling around and snapping tons of pictures. I offered to let them sit in mine as long as I was out there. I took digital pictures of them in the car and e-mailed them. Later on, I went into the media center to talk to the guys from Richard Petty. Lo and behold, I hear "Chris! Chris!" It is the dad from the earlier encounter. He then introduced me to the other family they came with and told me that they were really upset that they missed the chance to sit in a Viper. Of course, I offered to let them come out and give it a try. They said they only had one picture left on their camera and I offered to shoot a digital shot or two and e-mail them.

The problem was this: They had a teenage exchange student who was, at the risk of sounding like a dirty old man, one of the more attractive and buxom young ladies I have seen in my life. She was very excited and showed it. Unfortunately, my beautiful bride and many of the other Viper owners were gathered at this point. I knew this going out, but had no idea that one of the people accompanying me would be a candidate worthy of the best pin up calendars out there. My wife gave me the evil eye in a BIG way and when this young lady climbed into the car I was pretty sure I was dead meat. One of my friends in the club unwittingly sealed my fate when he leaned over to my wife and said, "He sure is lucky to have a wife that is so understanding." She said it was one of the most humiliating times in her life and she cried most of the way home." Needless to say, I felt like a real **** even though I was innocent for a change.

Well, we patched things up and I didn't post the Viper for sale just yet. Today fate took an absolutely BIZARRE turn that even I could not have predicted. I met with some folks over lunch that are interested in building a business with some help from me. I took the Durango. While I was gone, my wife got a call from some friends of some friends. They had heard that we had a Viper and had a special favor to ask (this just floored me): They had a 17-year-old exchange student in town from France and she was leaving tonight to go back. Was there any way they could come by so she could get some pictures with the car?(!!!!) They came over, my wife brought the car out for some pictures and they were thrilled. They sat in the car, posed with it in various places, and left happy campers. All of this happened while I was at my meeting. She VERY reluctantly told me the story over dinner as I sat there with my jaw on the table. She was blushing when I asked her WHY she just didn't say "no" when they asked - after all, that is what she apparently expected me to do. She agreed that it isn't so easy when somebody very politely asks if they can see the car.

Anyway, sorry if I bored you with this but it was simply too incredible to keep to myself. Not really "dirty laundry" per se, but wildly ironic in the turn it took. It is hard to understand the immense pull the Viper has unless you drive one. Or unless you happen to be caretaker when the driver is away...

Chris

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Chris, you are one clever guy.

<FONT size="-2">How did you keep a straight face while she was telling you about it? Sounds like a Lot of effort to set that one up, but hey, it got you off the hook.</FONT s>

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on 08-07-2001 at 10:20 PM</font>

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv, I swear it wasn't a set up - really! Too good to be true, but true nonetheless. After all, I think I would have chosen to ride out the storm rather than have her back the car into the garage (it's a single stall for the Viper). She managed to leave the mirrors intact...

If only I were as smart as my dog thinks I am!
laugh.gif

Chris

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could sit here and tell you how nice you are and that you did a good thing and were not rewarded for it so on an so forth but what I really want to know is, CAN YOU EMAIL ME A PICTURE? hahaha

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just kidding with ya Chris. didn't want the thread to be too "boring"

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris

You have to post that picture for three great reasons..

1. I own a Viper and it has never happened to me..
2. 17 is legal in France..
3. I am on vacation..
;);)

Serously though.. aside fromt he trouble with your wife.. I think you did the right thing irrespective of the fact that you might not post a picture to prevent an Viper invasion of france.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
.......While I was gone, my wife got a call from some friends of some friends.....They had a 17-year-old exchange student in town from France..... They came over, my wife brought the car out for some pictures and they were thrilled......She VERY reluctantly told me the story over dinner as I sat there with my jaw on the table. She was blushing when I asked her WHY she just didn't say "no" ..........Chris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The REAL answer is that the 17-year old french student is a male dancer at the Moulin-Rouge Chippendales / Playgirl Club !

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ;&lt;~~

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="4">OK! OK!</FONT s> he says sobbing onto his keyboard...

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

Found a more, er, full shot of her in the background of another picture...

<center>
</center>

Gee, how could I have possibly gotten in trouble for this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187