Oil Breather Can (Puke Tank) ?'s

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I know this is an old topic and Ive read Yankee's "How To" thread. Basically I have a few general questions and could use some recommendations as well.

What size tube fitting is needed for a Gen II? (6A, 8A, 10A[1/2", 3/4"])

Is it best to use a catch can in conjunction with a valve breather, or is one or the other better than both?

Most of the links to sites to buy the most popular are dead. Can anyone advise where to find one that mounts just behind the air box on the support bar?

Thanks in advance. :2tu:

:usa:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone advise where to find one that mounts just behind the air box on the support bar?

Performance By Joe
3443 Hampton Ave
St Louis, MO 63139
(314) 781-3135

They can powdercoat it whatever color you want.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, that sure would be a GREAT article for the Illustrated Upgrades here! :2tu:
Thanks!
Gotta be a VCA member to get into that area, and SRT-10 truck owners aren't allowed to be VCA members, so.....

Then again, you're the boss. :)

RoadiJeff- That catch can looks a lot like mine.
Oh, that's right- PBJ is just down the road from JMB! :D
(BTW- you might want to check the crimping happening in your line there. I think JMB has some new tubing you can replace that stuff with.)

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the wealth of "new" information. Plum, I like it. I think that will be what I start with and Ill mod it to fit my application.

Thanks guys. :2tu:

Plum, hate to bug ya, but do you have a link to the filter you used? Maybe pic to give me some ideas?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the wealth of "new" information. Plum, I like it. I think that will be what I start with and Ill mod it to fit my application.

Plum, hate to bug ya, but do you have a link to the filter you used? Maybe pic to give me some ideas?

The PBJ can comes with the filter. K&N makes the correct size.

I requested my PBJ can without the view tube as I knew it would become brown and useless and I regularly maintain my Viper anyway. For easy access I also had the can designed so it would mount on the driver's side near the negative terminal in place of the window wash tank. I made a bracket that uses the window wash bolt holes in the wheel well and mounted the can to the bracket using hose clamps. There is no need for window wash on a Viper.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dont have any pics of it from what i can tell, but here is part of it. and now that i think of it, its the same K&N filter as is next to it. when i tapped the top of the ebay breather, i installed a brass fitting to accept the same filter.

sorry, i cant find any other pics.

You must be registered for see images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang