Oil change prices?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pay a little over over a hundred, but it's with an experienced Vipertech that looks around for other problems while he's there, so the piece of mind is worth it for me.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I just paid $115 at Sunnyside motors following the reference from this board.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally, I would not trust my Viper to a Dodge dealership.

Vipertech, different matter, but the run-of-the-mill service dept. - no way.

It's a pretty easy job, why not do it yourself? That way you know it's done right.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Vipertech, different matter, but the run-of-the-mill service dept. - no way.

I won't trust the local vipertech here to touch the oil on my jeep, let alone change the oil in my viper.

I find it hard to believe a dealership quoted $69 for a Mobil 1 change. Unless they're willing to take a hit for the PR value of having a Viper in the shop, they either don't know what a V10 is, or they're not going to use M1 - I'd find out before handing over my keys.

Vipertech labor = $100/hr
Dealership labor = $60/hr
Mobil 1 = $6/qt (x) 9qt = $54

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than sixty bucks.I take the oil which I buy at walmart in the 5 qt jugs and the mobil 1 filter that I buy at autozone.Before that they wanted around 100 bucks and I was taking in the mobil 1 filter. GTS Bruce

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than sixty bucks.I take the oil which I buy at walmart in the 5 qt jugs and the mobil 1 filter that I buy at autozone.Before that they wanted around 100 bucks and I was taking in the mobil 1 filter. GTS Bruce

So you are basically paying $60 for labor. That doesnt sound that great either, because when your done buying that stuff you are looking at a 120$ oil change.

2 each his own.

I change mine, because I want to know its right. Oil is a lifeblood for the car, and I dont trust just anyone to do it. I found this great guy, that after a collective 65,000 Viper miles, hasnt screwed up a SINGLE oil change.. he goes by the name of Jon :)

Jon

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see.....9 qts. of Mobil 1 0-40 at $3.95 a qt. = $35.55 and 1 Mopar filter at $6 and $25 at Oil Can Henry's where they let me go in the pit and help is about $66.55. I guess that's not too bad.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Jon.I must have mispoke.60 bucks or so total done by the tech.I think the dealer charges me 15-16 bucks for the work.I supply oil and filter.Tech does labor.Puts on rack,greases etc.The 60 bucks or so includes dealer labor and my oil and filter. Bruce

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just paid %84.48 at an Oil Express place (first time I haven't done it myself but needed a "convienient" change bad). Pulled in and requested 10 qts Mobile 1 10-30 and filter. Told them not to "check" anything else...Well, after about all I could take of the four monkeys trying to open the hood from the inside of the car and in front of the windshield...I popped the bonnet and showed them where the oil goes in. Oh yea, they did 167 oil changes the day before. (quantity vs. quality) At least I actually saw bottles of Mobile 1 going in...but I wasn't counting. But that's not the end of the story. After watching same four monkeys trying to close hood...NO IDEA WHATSOEVER (greasy hand marks up and down the leading edge of the hood by the windshield), I had to rescue my Viper yet again. When I got home and looked closely at my receipt, I noticed they only put 9 quarts in. Went out to check the level and sure enough, one quart low (atleast I didn't pay for 10 quarts). Moral of the story...for me atleast...make the trip to the auto hobbie shop on MacDill AFB and do it myself (until my 4-post lift comes in). Even the simplist of things are too difficult for some "shops". GOOD LUCK