Oil filter info, Chuck?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up some oil filters for my GTS and was given part # 5281090. Somebody on this forum recommended I use 05037836AA which when I check is actually for a SRT10 truck. Why is this truck filter better for my Viper?

I am guessing it may be similar to changing to the PF35 from the recommended PF25 filters on the Vette's or small block chevrolet motors. The PF35 was actually a truck filter and about 2" longer an would allow you to put a little more oil in when changing the oil.

I am assuming somebody like Chuck Tator could tell me exactly why this new filter is better, Chuck?

Thanks. :2tu:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5281090 is the original Viper oil filter [it's a ok filter and it is used on many Chrysler's]

The new filter that came from the Comp Coupes [fits 92-06] is 5037836AA [Viper engines, truck or car, SAME motor]

The new 8.4 engine in 08's uses 5038041AA [will NOT fit other Viper engines!]

Hope this is clear now? Please use the search botton here!!:rolleyes:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive always used the 5281090. I buy that AND 2, 5qt. jugs of Mobil1, at Wal-Mart. 1 stop shopping.. Its what came on my 2001 originally. And does the job fine. Speaking for myself, and probably most viper owners. Its the time that runs out beofre the miles. I change my oil twice a year, regardless of miles. The oil coming out still looks new. Waste of money? Probably.. But its peace of mind.. I feel the 5281090 work great.. If I were racing, or doing a lot of miles. I would probably use the updated filter..

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does not matter what you do with you Viper! MORE oil filtering is GOOD for ANY engine!:drive:

very true... I'll grab the updated filter with my next oil change. thanks.. I honestly didnt know till recently a new filter existed. And I stay far away from the "orange" filters. heard to many bad things about them.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI: The 'Search' feature is not working properly yet (the programmer knows about it--no worries, he'll get 'er fixed)...but if you 'right-click' on the 'search' button, then 'open' it up...you can then use it....same with PM's to people right off of posts...drop-down menu disappears...but if you right-click on the username, you can then 'open' it up to PM them. Or apparently, if you have 'Firefox' you have no worries at all! ~juli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine