OK, Its getting close, VOI 10.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my calender it should just be around the corner to VOI 10, right?? I was just re-reading a past VOI quarterly on how successful VOI 9 was and "how we stormed into Las Vegas" or was this just marketing crap? Will there be a VOI quarterly next year with blank pages?:dunno:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are wondering too, and hoping it will be closer to our area (NY)...or at least the East Coast!! I'm sure we will be notified as soon as any info is known....juli

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course my choice has always been Watkins Glen, NY, or any other reasonable east coast facility, but I wouildn't mind Detroit. Any further west and I'm not into it.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 60 miles from Watkins Glen. I talked to Viper officials two years ago regarding Watkins Glen. That would be a great track for Vipers!!! However, you're talking about 1500-2000 people and the lodging is just not available in that area. The hotels are mostly small Mom & Pop places. They are building a new chain hotel down town Watkins, but the facilities would not accomodate the VCA.:(

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
East Coast please. Problem is that I heard there won't be a voi10. Y2K, care to fill us in?
Did somebody say my name? :D

Now as for an answer, I am afraid I can't give you one. Realize that a VOI is hosted by Chrysler/Dodge/SRT - not the VCA. The VCA and its members are invited guests to this incredible event. So much as we would like to, we really can't announce a party at somebody else's house without knowing if they plan to host one to begin with. Bad form don'tcha know...

That said, realize that a VOI is a very expensive gig. While people often whine about the entry fees (usually around $800 per person), it doesn't begin to cover the actual costs. For those that may have missed it, "DCX" is no more and Chrysler is now privately held. New owners and new management. While Wolfgang and many of those folks understood the passion behind the Viper - the new guys are just getting into the swing of things. That survey that many of you took (and which some Corvette owners undoubtedly tried to undermine a bit ;)), should have given you an idea of what folks are looking for to help justify a VOI.

While some complained that the last VOI was a big ad for Sprinter vans, etc., they also need to realize that the event took a very big chunk of Dodge/SRT's marketing funds. Most Viper owner attendees have a goal to simply have fun and meet other Viper owners, while the company's goal is to sell more vehicles - either to you or to people you know. They know (and the survey proved) that as a Viper owner people often turn to you for your expertise when they are looking to buy a car. And when that friend of yours wants to replace a fleet of aging, gas-guzzling panel vans for his business, they are hoping you will steer that same friend to the Sprinter - which you happen to know a little bit about from an event you attended in Vegas.

Whew! Now where were we? Oh yeah - VOI 10. As a symbolic tenth such gathering I sincerely hope it will happen. Can't say for sure and certainly can't speculate on cities, dates, etc. But I can say your national VCA officers are working diligently to make sure it doesn't slip away. So when you go buy that next Chrysler product make sure you tell 'em it was the Viper that helped bring you to the table... :2tu:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard yesterday that if the VOI10 happens and we all hope it does that their is a strong possibilty of Detroit during the Belle Island.:shhh2: The one downside could be the weather. That is one of the great things about Vegas less chance of bad weather.:D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course my choice has always been Watkins Glen, NY, or any other reasonable east coast facility, but I wouildn't mind Detroit. Any further west and I'm not into it.

Man, yeah, Watkins Glen would just be PERFECT--track-wise anyway. (I used to live just outside Syracuse.) As far as accomodations, probably not feasible. We're just hoping that there WILL be a VOI10, even if we're unable to attend. Thank you Chris, as always, for your input!!! ~juli

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did somebody say my name? :D

Now as for an answer, I am afraid I can't give you one. Realize that a VOI is hosted by Chrysler/Dodge/SRT - not the VCA. The VCA and its members are invited guests to this incredible event. So much as we would like to, we really can't announce a party at somebody else's house without knowing if they plan to host one to begin with. Bad form don'tcha know...

That said, realize that a VOI is a very expensive gig. While people often whine about the entry fees (usually around $800 per person), it doesn't begin to cover the actual costs. For those that may have missed it, "DCX" is no more and Chrysler is now privately held. New owners and new management. While Wolfgang and many of those folks understood the passion behind the Viper - the new guys are just getting into the swing of things. That survey that many of you took (and which some Corvette owners undoubtedly tried to undermine a bit ;)), should have given you an idea of what folks are looking for to help justify a VOI.

While some complained that the last VOI was a big ad for Sprinter vans, etc., they also need to realize that the event took a very big chunk of Dodge/SRT's marketing funds. Most Viper owner attendees have a goal to simply have fun and meet other Viper owners, while the company's goal is to sell more vehicles - either to you or to people you know. They know (and the survey proved) that as a Viper owner people often turn to you for your expertise when they are looking to buy a car. And when that friend of yours wants to replace a fleet of aging, gas-guzzling panel vans for his business, they are hoping you will steer that same friend to the Sprinter - which you happen to know a little bit about from an event you attended in Vegas.

Whew! Now where were we? Oh yeah - VOI 10. As a symbolic tenth such gathering I sincerely hope it will happen. Can't say for sure and certainly can't speculate on cities, dates, etc. But I can say your national VCA officers are working diligently to make sure it doesn't slip away. So when you go buy that next Chrysler product make sure you tell 'em it was the Viper that helped bring you to the table... :2tu:

I did not say your name, you are just hearing things. :D

Good write up and explaination. Hopefully it will happen.