On my 2010 ACR how to turn air bag off?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 06 had a place inside the arm rest to turn off air bag. The 10 has no such switch. Want to make sure my son is safe when driving with him. Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Looks "automatic"...seems to check passenger seat for weight when seatbelt latched.

Test...get in driver's seat, turn key full on, all lights illuminate, most go out, including yellow "passenger airbag off" light. Turn key off. Latch passenger's seatbelt, turn key on, yellow "passenger airbag off" light turns on, blinks off, then stays ON indicating that the "ORS" thinks there is a "lightweight" strapped into the passenger seat.

I could not find this in my rather thin manual...but I feel it should be there.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep, it's automatic.... when my kids sit in the seat the airbag/off lights up....

Ok, thanks. Kinda like the the switch better. I want to know its off........will make sure the light says off with my son

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As I said....light "stays ON indicating that the "ORS" thinks there is a "lightweight" strapped into the passenger seat."

So, if light is not illuminated when "lightweight" is buckled into the seat, then THE AIRBAG IS ON as I interpret the situation.

Strongly suggest that you test it yourself !!!