One lap Viper needs help

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan Modzelewski and Tom Atherton are running 6th over all in the one lap.They are inroute to ****** run and have a cracked Power steering pump bracket.They have wedged a brake pad in place to keep the pump in line but need a better fix.Anyone that can help meet them at the track call me at 910-228-8477
Thanks

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Western PA / West Virginia / Eastern Ohio - anyone? Let's make sure some silly part doesn't keep these guys out of the running.... They are driving through the mountains as we speak (type?) and I am not sure when they run tomorrow AM at BeaverRun, but let's get them this part - or help them with a fix!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The power steering pump bracket bolts are one of the worst design flaws from a serviceability standpoint. Probably second only to the thermostat housing on a Gen2.

Hope the guys get some help. I'd be there if it was at all possible to do so.

GTSACR2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I do not have access to the bracket needed....however I believe McCann Racing in North Canton may have the part. You might try to contact them and arrange for it to be run up to Beaverun. Are they running the event on Saturday morning? If we can get the part Friday I am sure we can get it to them late Friday evening. Let me know if I can help.

Bob

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Part here in Harrisburg. You might try Rege Kort I do not know his number. He works for a company called Sauers Trucking located in Cranberry Township.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last new later last night was that in the absense of a part, they were trying to find an all night welder to fix the existing one. We ended up using similiar services earlier this year at Roebling Road when a wreck caused a steering knuckle to break. Hopefully they found someone - as soon as I hear anything - I'll post again - Tom is playing point man on this one.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard from Tom Sessions this AM. He has an offer from an "unnamed" tuner to overnight the needed part. They could have it tomorrow morning. DOn't know if that will help, as the event winds up tomorrow at Watkins Glen I believe. However, it was a very nice offer.

Hopoefully they found someone to repair the existing one so that they could actually compete at BeaveRun today. I'll see what I can find out.

We should be WAY proud of these guys - no bigtime sponsorship, not PVO supplied car on special run Michelins, and they are right in the thick of things. Thanks to their sponsor, and congratulations to some very good drivers and ViperDays / Viper Racing League participants.

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"unnamed tuner" Now ain't that just like the Viper Club. Help without advertising. Just one great big family. (Just watch the helping from one to another at ViperDays) I certainly hope they got the 'fix'. But Alan and Tom aren't without initiative or smarts, so if the car can be finished by anyone, they'll do it. We'll all there in spirit and they're here in our thoughts and hearts.
Go Team
P.S. did that say Tom Sessions 'Viper Owner'? There went the neighborhood!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom has been trying to reach them via cell phone all morning, but apparently, the booming metropolis that surrounds BeaveRun doesn't have service. I am assuming this is good news. It appears to be raining cats and dogs in PA, so no one will be setting any course records. Special thanks to McCann Racing for standing by with a spare part.

More as it happens - or as we hear....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62