Ontario New Speed Law.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/261595

Be careful out there just in case you missed the news!! Here is my take on this new law!:omg:

I am not condoning excessive speed, but it appears from what I recall the present speed limits has been on the books from the late seventies early eighties. Prior to that, the speed limits where higher, some of us old timers remember that. Over the past thirty odd years, car safety and performance has improved with better highways.

It seems that the problem is created due to driver's frustration with congested roads, as speeders varied from youngsters to mothers and older men. The government has shift their responsibilities by not upgrading roads due to population expansion and revamping old laws, to the drivers who break the speed limit. There has been no money spent on new roads (401 is the most congested hwy in north America for example), to keep up with ever expanding urban populations, particularly around the 400 hwy. Their faltering with the 407 is great example of government's mismanagement.

Our attention as a responsible automobile club is to plan more track days next year, and not to fall in the new legislative trap, my 2 Cents.

Nabil