Opinions/Experience needed

bdherh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to add another car to my collection, and want to stay American. I dont want a Vette just because they are everywhere and a z06 and ZR1 really does not look much different to average people than a normal vette. Plus they depreciate so bad. I have always liked the Shelby Series 1. Low production, nice car, and looks good IMO. I'm looking at one of the supercharged ones. If anyone has ever owned one, please let me know your thoughts. I want a Ford GT, but they are about 50K more. Maybe that they are worth it in the long run, but just investigating now.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

bdherh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks but no interest. I would by a Shelby Mustang if I wanted a normal hopped up production car

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id have to recommend a GTR..Very fun car..Totally differant from your Viper

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking to add another car to my collection, and want to stay American. I dont want a Vette just because they are everywhere and a z06 and ZR1 really does not look much different to average people than a normal vette. Plus they depreciate so bad. I have always liked the Shelby Series 1. Low production, nice car, and looks good IMO. I'm looking at one of the supercharged ones. If anyone has ever owned one, please let me know your thoughts. I want a Ford GT, but they are about 50K more. Maybe that they are worth it in the long run, but just investigating now.

How about a Porsche GT3 or 911 Turbo. I was thinking the GT3 instead of the Viper. The Viper will outperform it but the GT3 is so nice in other ways. But one problem, they are not American per your request. Some kind of Stang would be cool.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I would be saving up for the Ford GT - or taking out a loan for that extra 50k it would take.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ford GT is the car to seek if you are not involved in long road trips. The GT has no storage space if you want to use it for travel. For some people that is a consideration. Good luck!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually gave this some thought - which is unusual for me. To be honest, if I were to add another car to my garage, I'd probably add another Gen IV ACR. They're cheap (in relative terms), they can scare the hell out of you, they're fun, they're reliable (so far), and they look great. I like the Ford GT, and I wouldn't kick one out of my garage, but the ACR is just an insanely great handling and performing car for the money. I'm also not much of a Ford guy - even if it has a GT attached to the brand.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like a factory race car, ACRX for a hundred grand. Personally I could care less that it's not street legal. It doesn't get any more radical than that car, it's a bargain, and it will be worth some serious dough later down the line. By the way, I drove in a blown series one and it was very cool, I just didn't like all the carry over Corvette parts bin bits in it.

Last edited:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Chris Barone a call. He's a site sponsor and owns Chris' Collision in W. Orange, NJ. He has a couple of Series 1s. He's also been doing carbon fibre dashes for them. Tell him George Batejan told you to call him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang