Opinions on wheel upgrade

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In the next couple of months I am/will consider a wheel change. I am looking at the CCW wheels now. It seems that when most change wheels they also change from 18 to 19 inch. I have read comments that the 18 inch from CCW "look" small on the car. I am leaning towards keeping the 18 size for one reason only. I don't like the look of a big wheel that overpowers the look of the rotor. Meaning the rotor looks tiny in relation to the wheel.

So any opinions? Also does anyone have pics of 18 inch CCW on a Viper? Can someone photoshop a set of 18 and 19 on a Viper for a comparison?

I like the SP600 and 505A.

Also, when you change your wheels do you keep your stock set? Mine are still in perfect condition, no rash, dings, etc. My current thought is keep them to return the car to stock and then sell the other set if I ever sell the car or provide the new owner with options.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a set of CCW 505A's. They are so new, in fact, that they are still sitting in the garage with new Pilot Sports already mounted on them. I went with 19's all the way around because CCW had a set of fully chromed sitting in their shop... so I bought those. I have not put them on yet because I am still having "fun" with the old tires... if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean on making the rotors look small. there is nothing wrong with staying with 18's. I upgraded to the 14" rotors in front with the SRT/10 calipers so the 19's will look hot!

Check out CCW's website ... click on the 505A ... then gallery to see pics of Vipers with these wheels. You can do the same for the SP600's!

Good luck with the purchase. Either you choose will look amazing on your Viper!!!

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I have checked out CCW website, but those pics are not good side views and they are 19". Would love to see some 18".

Know what you mean with the "fun" with old tires!! I plan on doing the same.

If I had the 14" rotors on the front I would go 19 as you did but alas I still have the 13".

Get some pics when mounted.