Opinions please....

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I have my first track day of the season tomorrow at Lime Rock....temps are supposed to be in the mid 40's and mostly sunny all day...My first run should be around 10 AM....

My dilemma is what car to drive...I really want to take the ACR and just take it easy in the cold weather...my other option is to take the GT-R which is a lttle more forgiving with AWD....I can't decide....

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that you're concerned with the forecast temperature. Don't let that influence your decision.

With either car you will get the tires up to temp in 2 to 3 good laps. Remember that during the first lap or 2 that the tires temps will not be into an appropriate operating range. By your 3rd lap they'll be pretty good.

Your fourth lap can be a flier! Wheeee!

Your ACR will heat the rears first - just by pulling out of pit lane with some throttle - then the fronts will gain heat as you brake and corner. The GTR will gain tire heat more evenly.

So, an easy first lap that increases in intensity as you complete your second and third laps. You need to put energy into the tires to get them to heat up.

Have fun! I wish I had a track day tomorrow.

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing. I find that the tires and I heat up at about the same rate. I wouldn't go nuts on my first lap even if the tires were hot.

Greg

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You SOB.

Only kidding, but i'm very jealous. My viper still sits in storage here in Wisconsin. Until next Friday that is.

ACR for sure by the way.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lime Rock is a rough old track, make sure to check tire pressures/temp on the ACR. Car can get light on the uphill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness