Painted dash help

Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch of triple chrome interior pieces from George at MGW.
I want to get the dash painted (yellow) like Vipper Rich and others did before I install the triple chrome bezel rings for the gauges, etc.

Do I just order the VCA edition dash from a dealer and remove the special edition badging (or)

Do I send my existing dash to someone (who? HELP) and they paint it and send it back? (Or)

Do I order a new yellow one from someone and make the exchange when I receive it?

Reaction score
I concur with DSR207

The price on the Yellow VCA Edition dash panel is over $1,200.00, and that's just for the bottom part.

Call Tony at AutoForm and have yours painted. They provide a fast turnaround time and the quality of the paint is exceptional.

Best of Luck,
Doug

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Important follow up question.

How easy it is to remove the dash? (and then re-install it)
and how much time does it take?
For the people who have already done this, is there anything I will need to know or be concerned about, any pointers, or suggestions etc. before I screw it up on my own. I have two left hands and NO PATIENCE whatsoever.

Vipper Rich-you did it, your thoughts?

In additional, I will call Tony next week.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sellshomes: remove the satin ring which holds the leather around the shifter(allen wrench).Carefully pop up the console(no need to remove completely). Remove the other allen screws from the dash panel in question. There is one screw at the bottom which can be accessed by having had the console loose. Now you have the starter button which needs to be removed by hand pulling the backing. I found unplugging the aux power(Cig lighter) from the console gives you plenty of flexability(hand remove connector at bottom). Its about a 15 minute initiative.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think painting those two bezels and the aux power really wakes up the interior, and is one of the most cost-effective aesthetic mods you can do. IMHO all Vipers should come like this from the factory.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering guys...........as opposed to painting the dash has anyone thought of wrapping it in leather???

Just a thought............if it were cost effective, I'm certain it would look pretty good.

Patrick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62