Part 1 Who lets their wife/Gf drive their Viper?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks 1BadByte!!! Your the best, wish you would have joined us. I would have preferred the non photochopped version but will admit I like Rhonda's choice of font:) The same file pic floating around our plant and the source of some ribbing from the guys, well deserved I supposed from those that would not apply the throttle as uhhh, judiciously as that Rhonda girl!hahaha.

Let's get together this summer for some BBQ action and car talk for sure.

Viper Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Viper for about 2 months now and my wife has ridden in it twice. She has asked to drive it and I have :rolleyes: reminded her of my last Corvette in which I took her out in to drive when it was new.I had taken her to a secluded area so she could get the feel of the car and she decided to take off down the freeway prior to knowing the shift pattern. I was in the passenger seat and could not prevail on her to stop. That was the last time she drove the Vette. Should I let her drive the Viper? I don't think so at this time.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is happy to drive her '02 Z06. She drove my GTS once (pre-Heffner), and she didn't like it. "Too loud, hard to shift, smells bad". I guess I'm just lucky.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The girlfriend can't reach the pedals because of my 2" seat lowering kit. She's 5'9" and I think if I adjust the pedals all the way up she can reach them, I'll have to try it out. She's only driven a stick once, so it's probably gonna be some practice in a parking lot if she can drive it.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just going to stir the *** a little bit...

Who lets their kids drive the Viper? alone? How old are they, or if you don't, will you ever & at what age?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my wife drove mine on the way home from woodhouse for about 2 hours and has driven a bunch of times around here in NJ.

a friend of mine just drove it in a parking lot for a few minutes and she was thrilled about it. she couldnt believe i let her drive it....lol

There's nothing better than seeing a girl driving a viper.

M

mclean

I am the 1/2 owner of the Viper that we own and I love driving it (this is the wife speaking). I probably drive it more than my husband does. Which will soon be changing due to the fact that I am 2 months pregnant and soon will not be able to fit in the drivers seat.

To answer TSR6's question, I let my little brother drive it for his Prom 2 years ago. He was 17 at the time. Needless to say, my husband and I were trailing behind in his truck to keep an eye on it while they were eating and then to trade cars once they got to prom location.....lots of high school kids and Viper was a weee bit to scary for us.

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The girlfriend can't reach the pedals because of my 2" seat lowering kit. She's 5'9" and I think if I adjust the pedals all the way up she can reach them, I'll have to try it out. She's only driven a stick once, so it's probably gonna be some practice in a parking lot if she can drive it.

Same here, my girlfriend drove it when I had the regular seat that adjusted. Now that I have the 2" lower kit on the seat she can't comfortably reach the pedals - even with them adjusted forward all the way. Oh well - that's life. So I am the only one who drives the snake. She says it's an easy driving car - she just isn't comfortable now that the seat doesn't adjust.

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife has keys to OUR 01 GTS,04 SRT 10 VIPER,04 RAM SRT10. I encourage het to drive them all. A very good friend is going to help her to get up to speed. Go Phyllis :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: