PASS TIME - Vipermania tonight!!

R

RTED

Pass Time on cable tonight - all supercharged and turbo vipers! AMAZING!!!!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this is not a repeat of a few weeks ago when some really bad drivers made the Vipers look bad and themselves too including a Nationwide Nascar driver (cant remember his name) who never drove a Viper or a drag before and missed a shift badly. "Hey, Ken Harrington with the winning time, give me a pound Ken". Man that gets old.

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this is not a repeat of a few weeks ago when some really bad drivers made the Vipers look bad and themselves too including a Nationwide Nascar driver (cant remember his name) who never drove a Viper or a drag before and missed a shift badly. "Hey, Ken Harrington with the winning time, give me a pound Ken". Man that gets old.

My understanding was that the track was not prepped and very slick. I felt bad for Underground Racing. It was tough to watch. The cars and drivers were capable of much better times.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All anyone has to do is watch the video of me running 5.80's in the 1/8th 4 weeks ago to see what some of those cars were capable of. That was on the SAME set of tires I was on the show with. That track was pure ****. It's never prepped unless the bristol comes in to do it. Throw out pinks and nhra, that track is 100m dollars worth of pure garbage. Countless people have hit the wall at the track during TNT. I couldn't hook up on the lowest boost setting while short shifting. They had to edit my run because the car go so sideways I almost pulled the chute to straight me out. I cussed the entire staff out after my run. They took 40 min after our episode (the first of the day) and redid the track.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All anyone has to do is watch the video of me running 5.80's in the 1/8th 4 weeks ago to see what some of those cars were capable of. That was on the SAME set of tires I was on the show with. That track was pure ****. It's never prepped unless the bristol comes in to do it. Throw out pinks and nhra, that track is 100m dollars worth of pure garbage. Countless people have hit the wall at the track during TNT. I couldn't hook up on the lowest boost setting while short shifting. They had to edit my run because the car go so sideways I almost pulled the chute to straight me out. I cussed the entire staff out after my run. They took 40 min after our episode (the first of the day) and redid the track.
I'll watch the videos, but only if there's a cheerleader in 'em.
:)

HollywoodGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it was like watching the Christmas parade and not seeing Santa. No Vipers : (

OP
OP
R

RTED

The 7:30 PM EST Pass Time on Speed had the Vipers. I hoped to catch the Central and West Coast Guys with my notice. Not sure why the same show didn't air later in the evening?:dunno:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it was like watching the Christmas parade and not seeing Santa. No Vipers : (

hahaha:lmao:

If anyone figures out when this is going to air again, def keep us posted:2tu:
That ***** about the track conditions. There is already enough risk/danger with these high HP cars...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 7:30 PM EST Pass Time on Speed had the Vipers. I hoped to catch the Central and West Coast Guys with my notice. Not sure why the same show didn't air later in the evening?:dunno:
Not in Michigan.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wait which car were you? I saw an SRT and a GTS, both on street tires. The SRT looked like it broke and the GTS was on some rubber band street tires. Neither car looked like it had a chute but maybe I missed that. I'm certainly not doubting bad prep, but why on earth would anyone run tires like that on a car with that much HP? It's like rolling the dice, sooner or later your going in the wall. I just finished watching it out here on the West Coast, it was the second of two shows.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wait which car were you? I saw an SRT and a GTS, both on street tires. The SRT looked like it broke and the GTS was on some rubber band street tires. Neither car looked like it had a chute but maybe I missed that. I'm certainly not doubting bad prep, but why on earth would anyone run tires like that on a car with that much HP? It's like rolling the dice, sooner or later your going in the wall. I just finished watching it out here on the West Coast, it was the second of two shows.

I watched it while we were in Vegas. Saw 1fast400 run. He was the all blue GTS with the drag chute.

Overall the show was pretty disappointing. I expected to see a better representation but hey, if the track sucked the track sucked. No use in putting your car into a wall trying to overcome that.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched it while we were in Vegas. Saw 1fast400 run. He was the all blue GTS with the drag chute.

Overall the show was pretty disappointing. I expected to see a better representation but hey, if the track sucked the track sucked. No use in putting your car into a wall trying to overcome that.

Wow then maybe I was watching a different episode? I saw a sliver SRT that had a Proline built motor and was twin turbo. The only GTS I saw was a red one with what looked like the same motor as the SRT and was racing a green lambo. The GTS won that race with a 10 sec run, running in the 140's. Crazy power on some street type/show wheel and tire package.

The Mustang that ran last was an unbelievable car, record holding 6.49 car, that pulled the wheels at half track and ended up in the wall. Great driving, none the less by that driver!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ummm....when did this happen?

I don't remember exactly...probably 5pm PST on Tuesday? We'd just gotten back from the show and were flipping through the channels and caught the beginning of a few Vipers running...then a few more...then a few more...all Underground builds. There was a head-to-head with a Viper and Gallardo too, but it wasn't the one mentioned above. I've seen that episode and this one was different.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike doesn't own a Viper.

He sold his Ram SRT-10 QC a while back too.

You're right, I don't own a viper, I just own the fastest one on street tires:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k[/media]

I still have the truck too. I also have another TT viper on the way.