Paxton total boost?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to verify my total boost besides a gauge. Mine has never shown more than 5 psi but today never showed more than 3 running about 5500 rpm in 3 and 4th.
Maybe a pressure test to check the seals?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be the belt or the bypass valve. Bypass valve has an O-ring that usually gets blown off. Doug Levin has a fix for this too. He can tell you how to check it. If memory serves you attached a vacuum pump/gauge to it and see if it holds vacuum.

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Loose belt, or a vacuum line...there's a decent amount of vacuum lines under the hood once a paxton gets installed. If your farmiliar with it then trace them out and look for the issue. What is your boost gauge saying when your throttle is fully closed?

Reaction score
Under boost you could also have a sleeve leaking by the throttle body or outlet of the blower, I would start by checking all the connections. If the kit is polished we always rough up the connections a little so the hoses clamp better. It may look fine till it sees boost and could get worse over time as you have seen.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should see around 8psi (Stock pulley) right before a redline shift. Check the line to the bypass and check your intake piping and clamps as mark stated above.