"PC" Gen 3 heads up...

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"PC\" Gen 3 heads up...

Just a heads up, i'm sure everyone and their mom's knows who "Paolo" is. Well anyways he will be coming out with a DIY TT system for Gen 3 Vipers at some point in the future, once he complete's the Gen 2 stuff. Without a doubt it will be very well worth the wait. And like myself, he puts as much effort and development time as possible into each system which equals... big power... keeping it cool... LOW engine stress... and drivability as well... nuff said.
And just like his other systems, the Gen 3 will also be upgradable as well, should you decide you want more power later on. All without ripping the whole system out and starting over again. :) And i'm sure once he see's this thread he'll have his own input on this as well :D

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"PC\" Gen 3 heads up...

Just a heads up, i'm sure everyone and their mom's knows who "Paolo" is. Well anyways he will be coming out with a DIY TT system for Gen 3 Vipers at some point in the future, once he complete's the Gen 2 stuff. Without a doubt it will be very well worth the wait. And like myself, he puts as much effort and development time as possible into each system which equals... big power... keeping it cool... LOW engine stress... and drivability as well... nuff said.
And just like his other systems, the Gen 3 will also be upgradable as well, should you decide you want more power later on. All without ripping the whole system out and starting over again. :) And i'm sure once he see's this thread he'll have his own input on this as well :D

Im still hoping heffner will have his DIY TT kit done by december-january. Whoever is done with theirs first will have my attention. At the moment, everyone wants 30,000+ for a turbo kit. Can't wait to see what happens next.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It's not magic. It's called a V clamp. Using V clamps, you can install different size turbos without touching the headers, intercoolers, ect for different HP applications.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's not magic. It's called a V clamp. Using V clamps, you can install different size turbos without touching the headers, intercoolers, ect for different HP applications.
Could you install a turbo on the factory SRT stock headers? Would they handle the heat and stress?
Thanks,

-lou

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could you install a turbo on the factory SRT stock headers? Would they handle the heat and stress?
Thanks,

-lou

No, you need a turbo manifold for a turbo, not a header.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

No, you need a turbo manifold for a turbo, not a header.

Actually it depends. If the turbos are going to be located on both sides of the motor below the exhaust ports, you need a thick and strong manifold that will withstand the heat and carry the weights of the turbos. Most of the time cast iron manifolds are used for their superior strength.

However, most of the Twin Turbo packages for SRT-10 have the turbos located behind the motor, in front of the footwells. Then, you may use headers, collector and up-pipe to the turbo. The turbos are carried by factory exhaust locations so the weight of the turbos are not an issue.

To answer the question, with some custom fabrication you can make the SRT-10 headers work with some custom collectors, up-pipe, turbo flanges on the up-pipes, down-pipe, and mount the turbos in front of the footwell area.

Lots of fabrication...

OP
OP
V

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rightfully so, but with anything else each individuals car is different to an extent and must be properly assesed before slapping a full on TT system to it. And once it's on and you want to upgrade depending what, and how much bigger turbo you want will depend on weather or not you upgrade other parts of the motor. So basically you have more air in... you need the fastest way possible to get that air out. On his origional set up, Paolo was suprized at how fast the turbo's spooled up with NO lag to kick out those 1276/1509 numbers you see on his post icons. Like I said he's got one heck of a system coming out at an awesome price. Of course if you want bigger turbo's that = bigger $$$. Of course you'll need to go with a colder plug as well for this, or any TT system for that matter.
Also just kicking around #'s and engine set up's we both agreed that a size bigger turbo then what comes stock on the DIY kit could push up to 1000 RWHP with proper tuning, not bad I think :2tu:

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm all over it if the price is still around 10-12k. I'd love a winter project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS