PCM Programming now available!!! L@@K!!

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would be nice (in addition to HP gains) to have the fans come on a bit earlier, bump up the idle just a bit, skipshift delete (I've already done that), etc.
What can be done on Gen I, and price?
Thanks,

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fans can be set to come on earlier with this mod. The factory kicks on at about 217 and we prefer to set that down to 190.

There is a list on our site of the most common mods (www.westcoastviper.com) which aside from turning the fans on earlier we delete skip shift and raise both the idle and rpm limit.

The only Gen1 we are doing right now is the 96 GEN1 RT/10 which uses a JTEC controller.
In the future we will do Gen1's but if you are in a pinch superchips has been able to mod them with about a 2 week turnaround in the past. (they can't do Gen2's though)

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the flash ever get deleted or reset if you lose power for extended period of time? The stock PCM has to relearn everytime I disconnect the battery for a length of time.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake - the flash will be burned as permanent (and in the same manner) as the factory programming. The CF's are what your PCM is 're-learning' (called adaptive values) when you have had a reset or a long time power loss. Most of the PCM's we program have the CF's deleted for performance gains. Should you choose to keep the CF's in your particular mod then it will behave much like a stock PCM as far as 'learning' goes.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I make additional mods after the initial programming will it need to be re-flashed again to compensate for the new mods?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake - yes, if you make mods after your programmed you would want to have the pcm adjusted to suit. However it is not necessary (just like it is not neccesary to mod a pcm ever - it just makes more power)

Here is a dyno chart of a 97 with the basic bolt ons that we optimized with tuning. These gains are from changing the programming only.

You must be registered for see images

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to just get a new PCM w/o sending in the stock unit. I think I want to have a stock one available if I need to go to the dealer for any type of service. Wouldn't want them to reflash it to stock. If this is possible, how much would that run?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supplying you another PCM is very easy. Just a matter of money. The dealer list can be up to the mid $600 dollar range depending on the year. We can get that for you minus about 20%. Thanks

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DChan - if you mean can we boost reference the fuel and spark surfaces, the answer is no. The stock MAP sensor on the Viper is a 1 bar unit and the PCM is only designed to work with a 1 bar unit. What works best is to take the PCM, delete the correction factors (which nets you a map table that is static) then tune with a split sec or the like. With no correction factors you will be able to lock in your fine tuning on a piggy back. MORE POWER

As far as the resolution of the stock map, there are 16 RPM points and 9 BP points.(those BP points are what make your first question an unfortunate no) Programmed on an X/Y chart, the PCM interpolates the differences and you get infinite resolution from the unit.

Great questions!

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you looked at the difference between the stock and Mopar ECU?

I assume you could send in a MOPAR ecu to be burned...

I will be lurking around in Temecula this xmas, and I think I will bring my stock computer with me since I dont use it anyways... :)

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you be selling pre-programed PCM's. We could purchase them off the shelf and we could send the core in. Or have a form to fill out on your web site, attach the dyno run, you program the PCM and ship it out we install and send the core back and refund part of the cost. No down time on the Viper.

Dean

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater - yes we have looked at the difference between stock and the Mopar perf. PCM that used to be available. Let me say, we know why it is no longer available. (hehe, sorry....) We can program any factory PCM, and our program will make more power than the Mopar Perf. for sure....

Cajun - Once we acquire some more PCM's we will have a few to keep in rotation. It will most likely just be a $500 core charge on top of the $495 for that service. Once the core is recieved back then the $500 will be credited back.

James Bell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, you wrote that Superchips can do a Gen-1 PCM. I sent Superchips an E-mail yesterday and asked about what was being offered for Gen-1 cars. They said that their was nothing available from Superchips for any Viper. Is their someone else that you know of that can help?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years I have seen that but dont know what it means?

BUMP?

BTW: We are going to optimize a paxton SC car that is currently making 560RWHP. (100% stock 2001 Viper, un-modified Novi2000 kit) Will keep the thread up to date with that....

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, it means posting just to "bump" the thread to the top of the page, so people will continue to see it and respond to it. And keep the updates coming.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater - yep, we can reprogram any year or model of the Viper JTEC and that includes the Mopar performance unit. Based on your year of car we can even add in things like evap delete or 02 delete if needed. (older cars don't need 02 delete...)

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clear the air for some of the "Must Know" Crowd. We recieved a couple calls today from Chrysler regarding people trying to see who at DC helped us with the PCM tuning. Please dont bother people at Chrysler regarding our abilities to tune the JTEC.

This is an independant hack of the JTEC and has nothing to do with DC, Team Viper, PVO, Mopar Performance or any other branch of Chrysler.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater - yes we have looked at the difference between stock and the Mopar perf. PCM that used to be available. Let me say, we know why it is no longer available. (hehe, sorry....) We can program any factory PCM, and our program will make more power than the Mopar Perf. for sure....

Cajun - Once we acquire some more PCM's we will have a few to keep in rotation. It will most likely just be a $500 core charge on top of the $495 for that service. Once the core is recieved back then the $500 will be credited back.
Why is the Mopar perf. PCM no longer available? I have one on my 97 GTS.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cycleryan - I am not 'in the know' on why the Mopar perf. PCM is no longer available, but I do know that it was not the best upgrade for the end user. I have heard stories of people actually losing power with it. (maybe thats why you can't get it anymore?) If you still have your original PCM, hang onto it and you can do back to back dyno's vs. the Mopar unit....

James Bell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, thank you for the info about jetchip.com. I finally got through to a technician today about re-burning a Gen-1 computer. He said they can do both Gen-1 and Gen-2 computers and have been for almost 3 years now. His horsepower gains are in the same range as yours. How is it possible that they have been programming computers this long without to many people talking about it? Is this one of the secrets that the "Viper Tuners" have been keeping from us?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James - if they can do Gen2 PCM's nobody at their company that I have ever spoken with knows about it. Who did you speak with? I gotta hear this myself....

ViperJoe - the idle raise helps with a smoother transistion on cars with lots of headwork and gets rid of parking lot 'surge'

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187