PCM Programming now available!!! L@@K!!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Vinces car, the jetchip program (2nd time around) did in fact make a difference. The tech department at jetchip does not speak the same language as me apparently. The new PCM that arrived for Vince's car only moved the AF about 3/4 of a point. It did respond well though, just not as well as we all hoped. A fuel system with an adjustable regulator would allow a richer mixture, and for Gen1 cars with the S-spec pcm's this will be how I richen them up in the future. (read: no more jetchip) The 96 is the only Gen1 with a JTEC and short of changing the whole wiring harness there is no other way for it to work on older RT's.

Tzoid (Rob) - still waiting for your weather to clear up I see. Are you at least sitting in the car and pretending that you are driving it? ;)

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, I understand reflashing the PCM and saw posts that touched on a couple of issues. First there was talk of not running evap. Here in Ca. the Smog Test requires an OBDII test to include no codes and a running of monitors. Will the monitors still run with this new program? Secondly I'm not sure but I think you called it CF or adaptive stratagy is what I know it as, can this new flash compinsate/learn for slight on going changes in the basic parameters due to wear like the factory program? Can you still use a scan tool to retrieve codes? I've seen some add on chips and you can not access the PCM. Thanks for all your work on this, It sounds great. :2tu:

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hisses - the standard programming we do for most normally aspirated applications does not affect the correction factors (adaptives) or any OBD monitors. We only turn off the correction factors when using a piggy back system that does boost refrenced fuel and spark mods. Being that we are not 'chipping' the PCM but rather actually re-programming it, all the functionallity including code reading and scanning work just like factory. Keep in mind, this is not a single program we flash into the PCM's - every one we do is individually programmed to the users requests. Take care!

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Jason, so what does a N/A car with your typical header/exhaust T&D Rocker, K&N and smoothie car get?

You can see what a stock ECU (or Mopar I'm guessing) nets in my sig. Just wondering if I should do it or not...

WESTCOAST_JOHN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the condition of the short block, Most usually have 451 to 472hp with our pcm flashes. You notice the biggest gains w/the torque curve and how quick it ramps up at the lower rpm through the entire RPM range. As high as 531 ft lbs torque at the wheels starting at 2400 rpm, Not to mention the great driveability off idle (tip in) when mods are done to the Viper. The factory settings on tip in are lean with a stock Viper, to help get around emissions.
John Horton
Owner West Coast Viper

Docta Vipa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GTS ACR with high flow cats, Corsa exhaust. What improvements do you see with the Vipair intake?
What sort of numbers could I expect to see?
Thanks!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have not had a chance to dyno test the Vipair ourselves. Needless to say the claims are very impressive if repeatable. I have experimented for endless hours on our dyno with different tubes, filters, air boxes, etc. and have proven to myself that you can make substantial changes by what you have in front of your throttle bodies.

What kind of fuel do you have available for your car Docta? Are cats and the cat back the only mods on your snake?

Docta Vipa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use "76" 91 octane mostly, since that is the best that is available outside of the track (Sears Point is only 30 mins away, I know) ;)
I have a bunch of mods, but I think only the Random Tech ceramic high flow cats and the Corsa exhaust are relevant to PCM reprogramming :2tu:
I have Stop Tech Big Brakes front and rear, an autoform rollbar, aluminum radiator, larger power steering cooler, new spark plug wires (?Magnacore), tow hooks front and rear, and a few other goodies I forget right now :confused:

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Docta - I would estimate anywhere from 12-18RWHP & 15 TQ gains by doing the PCM in your car with your exhaust mods. The factory PCM is set for 91 octane, if you were one of the lucky (regionally) with 93 octane we could get more power by running a bit more advance in the spark table.

The mods to the PCM would of course also include all the 'good stuff' like skip shift, RPM limit raise, fan mod, etc. If you were to ever go with a cam/heads/header package in the future on your car, we would retune the PCM again for nothing more than a shipping charge.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great, we would really do best with the .DRF files from the dyno shop. (if they are using a DynoJet that is) But whatever you can send will be fine. Additionally, we always call and do a pre Flash phone interview to make sure we hit all the points.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason!

Any tests with a VEC1 equipped car? Like you posted earlier I imagine it will simply apply your dialed in tweaks atop the new flash but have you heard or seen of any incompatibilities or issues with cars running VEC1s?

Also, any pricing on a flat out purchase of a new PCM vs an exchange?

Thanks!

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The extra power is great, I trapped an extra 3mph on the 1/8. I am surprised how much I like the skip shift gone and the higher rev limit. Thanks!

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers, Random tech cats, corsa, tubes, filters, roller rockers and a whole lot of nitrous when drag racing.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus - we spoke today and are all handled. Thanks!

SunDiego - you neglected to mention that you are the 1/8th mile king in San Diego at Qualcom and are putting the trailered cars back on the trailer with your monster. I can't wait to see your car run the 1/4! All that and you DRIVE it to the drags! haha! I'm Lovin it!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Programming of a MPH based speed limiter is available in the JTEC PCM now. Limit can be set to any MPH (under 256 anyway) and the recovery MPH is adjustable. If desired, just add it to your list of mods when sending your PCM to us.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed and tested Jason's latest recipe ECM reprogram in my '99 GTS. Car has basic mods...K&N's, tubes, 3" Corsa, R/T Hi Flo cats, 3.55 gears. Tell you what folks, it's a missle! Third gear pulls so hard, it's actually a bit scarey! Never believed that this simple and relatively inexpensive mod would react the way it does. Dealing with Jason was first class. You know the guy is really busy when he answers the phone, but he always takes the time to talk you through what he's doing. Very happy with his work and the outcome is great! If your even thinking about it..DO IT! You won't be disappointed!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Rob! Since we are the only source for flashing a JTEC/JTEC+ PCM I understand that we have an extra responsibility to get everyones PCM perfect.
We have really nailed down a couple a 'base' maps that work well with certain mods. (although each is still an effort - read on) For example, while huge peak horespower increases dont happen with minor mods, we do get a great boost in mid-range. The Viper motor is most 'knock sensitive' in between 3200 and 4000 RPM. The factory takes extra precaution in that area in the event of a high load and bad gas scenario. People that have access to 93 octane dont need all the 'retard' provided by the factory and can get some great 'seat of the pants' power increase in the mid band. Although, Taking into consideration that each year Viper has a slightly different PCM (speaking of the code) and that each Viper owner has their own individual modifications and lastly, the fuel available to them varies by region; there still is no 'quick flash' that would allow a less expensive programming service. As originally advertised, you will only pay us for the service once. If you upgrade to high flowing heads, big cam, etc. we will flash your PCM again only for the cost of shipping.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason-Thanks for the info today. I'm going to take the car to Silver State on Wednesday for a dyno w/the wideband, I'll email you the results prior to sending the PCM next week.
Gotta make the most of this crappy 91, ya know!
:laugh:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRVT JET -

I am in just that boat myself and should have results to post here in about 1 week with one of Jason's PCMs + a VEC1. :)

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking forward to getting feedback on the VEC1 with our PCM mod. Technically, it will give the same 'range' of adjustment, the only difference is that the spark and fuel surface numbers are different. So it should work as designed, the vec1 will give that extra bit of fine tuning that can only be done on a dyno. stay tuned.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Stay tuned"
Jason, Jason, Jason
Can you hear the groans over the internet?

1KoolAsp 14TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi jason sent you out my pcm so you can do your magic and pull out some horsepower and torque .sent it 2nd day air so you should recieve it today .i know you will call and talk about what mods we got.so i'll talk to you later jeff.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff - your pcm should be back in your hands today or Monday. (DHL is usually pretty fast)

A number of people have asked about using the crate motor computer as their spare and wanted to know if I can program them. I can program them, but there are LOTS of deletes built into the unit including no dash control and no Viper fan control. You are better off purchasing a unit from your dealer or keeping an eye open on eBay for a spare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss