PCM Programming now available!!! L@@K!!

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Program your factory PCM the way you want it! Stock engine or mods including boost will ALWAYS gain power from this!

Take it from someone who has dealt with a boost application and the factory PCM, this is a HUGE advancement. We now can reprogram your FACTORY computer (96-03 cars) with any number of changes. These include Spark and Fuel mapping, skip shift delete, rear 02 delete, fan on/off temp, idle speed, rpm limit and MOST importantly correction factor delete.

Got Boost? Read this:

Here is a quick explaination of why this is great. The factory JTEC computer has a base surface (aka map) that has spark and fuel data for the engine. The computer then applies correction factors (CF) to this. These CF's are based on air temp, coolant temp, etc. What happens (dealt with this headache myself for a year) is when you use a split sec box, or any other piggy back unit, you program a set amount of spark retard or fuel adjustment at a certain MAP/RPM position. This is a 'static' setting that does not change for that particular cell. As an example lets say your splitsec box is taking out 5 degrees of timing at 6PSI of boost and 4100RPM. That is a 'static' cell programmed into the splitsec.
The problem is once your coolant temp changes from when you had it set 'right' the factory PCM applies a CF and the timing in the PCM changes. Your splitsec box does not make up for this. If your splitsec adjustment put you at 29 degrees advance, a CF might make your actual timing be different. This is what the tuners call the 'moving target' and until now the only way around it is to pull out more timing than neccesary. (read as, losing power)
What we can do is to delete the CF and make it so your tune does not have to be a de-tune. Or we can program the JTEC and you can stop using the splitsec all together.
And that is just ONE of the many things that can be changed. If you have a normally aspirated car and a stock PCM we can ALWAYS get more power from it also. This is horsepower just left on the table. The cost is about $500 and it will make more RWHP on ANY Viper. There is a ton of other things I could write about, but bottom line, if you are interested just check out westcoastviper.com and call to finalize. You can bring your car to our shop and we will dyno tune the PCM or you can call us for an interview and we will overnight your changed PCM to you. (if you have a local dyno with a wideband we can really maximize the changes for YOUR setup)
The cost of a skip shift mod and rear 02 sims and a fan kit almost cover this.

Thanks for your interest. WESTCOASTVIPER.COM

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock SRT you can expect 15RWHP on top of the other advantages.

OCTANE: The interview that we have with you on the phone lets us know what octane gas to program for. Therefore there are no octane issues.

Emissions issues: This does not carry a CARB # and like so many mods is to be considered 'off road'. There is no reason it would make you fail the tail pipe test though.

GEN1's do not have the same range of options to choose from, but they can be done. The Gen1 PCM is from a family of PCM's that superchips or others can also do. Our programming is focused on the JTEC and JTEC+ boxes that others can not do.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a piggy-back unit right? It is impossible to reprogram the stock ECU right? (unless you have the factory programer machine thing)

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a piggy back of any kind. This is the actual factory computer being re-programmed. Not impossible. (just seemed like it for quite a while.....)

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gains of up to 40HP are not uncommon. If we can dyno-tune your car on our in-house dyno there is more we can do. If not, take your car to a local Dyno with a wideband A/F and send the PCM with the printout to us for programming. (along with your desired option deletes)

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would your programming allow the use of the VEC-1 to allow adjustments for octane changes? Would the VEC-1 be compatible to allow "fine tuning" if mods are done after the re-program?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OPNWIDE - you can see dyno sheets on our next dyno day at the shop. Dec 13th & 14th - open to all club members. (a Dodge engineer was quoted stating that over 50HP is left on the PCM) The JTEC and JTEC+ are full of suprises for those just learning about reprogramming...

TorqJunkie - we have not used a VEC-1 on a reprogrammed PCM, but being that it is compatible with the stock PCM there is technically no reason that it would not 'net' you the same fine tuning ability. Kind of a neat idea actually, as we could make a 98 octane program and then you can 'pull' it back for lower octane driving.....

YellowFever - this is not really comparable to the AEM. The AEM is much more like a Motec than a factory PCM.

Sean-02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

How about us creampuff guys? How much HP can we expect from this mod?

Thanks

Sean

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is too hard to say exact amounts of gains since each situation is different. So many factors. Octane available, current mods done, and of course, can the car be on our dyno for optimum tuning. I wish I could quote better numbers for each person, but as time goes on and the more we do, the more general results we will have. One thing is for sure. There is more power in EVERY configuration no matter what.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO this is helpful only if done on the dyno. Every time I tune, I find it takes 10 pulls or more to get everything right. Then my tune can change seasonally with oxygenated fuels being required for EPA requirements. Oh, I also find that a dynojet tune is too lean compared to the road, and I make adjustments based on measurements from a wide-band O2.

Of course if you want to run race gas on track, you'd have to re-tune again. Gets expensive and time consuming to ship a computer back & forth for $500 re-flashes.

While the piggyback units are like shoooting at a moving target, at least I get to aim the gun myself. A fixed, one-time tune that might or might not be correct for my car and combination is not much help. I do agree it is better for the person who wants to "set it & forget it," but not for the DIY tinkerer.

Let me know when you have the software available to self-tune; I'd even consider it if locked to my car's serial number, so I could tune ONLY my car. I fully understand your need to keep control over proprietary software!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as much as the factory conservative tune stays consistent on stock cars, cars with similar mods have responded much the same. Doing the flash on the dyno is by far the best, but not neccesary. Any dyno (that can show AF) in your local area will work fine.

"Aiming the gun myself..." on piggy back units is exactly what I did for a full year. I even hard wired a laptop on a nice passenger seat stand in the car. It *****. The correction factors (CF's) in the JTEC are impossible to deal with during fine tuning. No matter what, the only 'set & forget' option with a piggy back is a super conservative setting. Nobody wants to leave power on the table.

As far as only being helpful on the dyno, I submit that we do guarantee a horsepower increase and will re-flash and ship as many times as needed. This is not hit & miss black magic, it is a tried and true method of making more power.

If a version of the hardware/software combo ever becomes available for 'personal' use I will surely notify the club. It is VERY unlikely though, at least until Chrysler stops using the JTEC+ based PCM's on so many of its new cars.....

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:ON a dyno you get only WOT AF numbers.How do you program for everything in between?Most of the time our cars are just out cruising around on the street. Bruce

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the fuel surface (MAP values like an excel spreadsheet kinda) we program the WOT settings for best A/F. For the rest of the map the fuel and spark surfaces are adjusted based on a formula for the cars specific mods. The factory has settings that are very conservative and knowing the octane of the fuel to be used with the mod list we can adjust the map to provide better horsepower at all throttle positions and loads. (kind of like that company Diablo sport does for the Mustang crowd, they have a 30 RWHP reprogram that works across the powerband) The fun thing about this mod is the feeling when just driving around normal. The Viper tends to feel like it lost 500 pounds or so....

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,
I know from prior experience on a dyno that there is no way to hit peak power on one pull...are you going to allow reburns after delivery for fine tuning ? Are you going to include X amount of reflashes to maximize power or keep it to one flash ? Is there a way to send the program via modem or MDS ( dealer hardware ). I can do my own flashes with a DRB in standalone or through the MDS on direct connect...I am sure there are other dodge dealers that would love to be distributors for your product. It would be more economical to tune with a dynopac at a known facility and just send the program over a server. That way you have complete control of your software and the customer is getting a near perfect tune on the first visit without multiple visits to the post office. Just a thought...
Anyway, sounds like you have the answer for a lot of peoples problems.
Thanks,
Joe

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,Some of My questions appear above because I forgot to ask on the phone.Its going to be a long winter waiting for a spring dyno run to have my PCM updated and then another dyno run and maybe another update.The only regrets is the short season here.Wish it could be reprogramed in my area. Bruce

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Bruce - no problem on waiting for Spring. It makes it better the longer you wait to spend time in the car right? ;)

PBJ - The flash is done to the PCM with a proprietary hardware and software package, not a DRB or MDS station. Without the hardware there is no way for you to flash our mods to your PCM. As far as reflashes, if multiple flashes are needed there is not a $500 per flash charge. We will modify it until the horsepower gain is maximized. As we do more and more flashes to Vipers, we have been finding that many of the changes we make are the same for many cars. There is a real sweet 'baseline' set of changes we make that work VERY well. With the proper info and interview we can hit it right the first time. This is why a list of the mods and your local octane does fine. An A/F reading for WOT from a dyno shop is helpful, but not neccesary.

Bernard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had mine done by West Coast Viper! Money well spent! Right from the start line the power band is completely different (better). I have trouble not burning rubber in 1st & 2nd. The whole car is smoother, faster and much more pleasureable to drive. The 1 - 4 skip is gone, what a difference that makes. Forget the other "mod's" this has to be the #1 "mod" that makes the most difference. Thanks West Coast Viper!! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets