PDX: Looking to buy a used 2002 viper

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted a couple of days ago about a viper I was looking at. It is graphite grey with the cognac interior. I was wondering if someone could give me the low down on the 2002 vipers. Are they all FE's or not? Or are all FE's red with white stripes? Also, the car only has 2000 miles on it and has been sitting for a while (the battery was dead). Something to worry about? I drove it, but without a reference I don't know what it should sound like, feel like or drive like. I would really like to have a competant mechanic go through it before I buy it. Any references? Thanks guys. I hope to be one of you soon!! :2tu:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not all 2002 are FE's. All the FE's are red, so the car you were looking at was not an FE. Since you are in OR I can't help with the rest.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And actually your car in that color combination will be a lot more rare than a Final Edition. Check the registry on the front page of this site. About 300 FE's and probably about 15-30 of that color.That is a very desirable color combo. Do not worry about the dead battery, happens all the time if the guy did not use a battery tender, low mileage eguals dead batteries. I'm sure the car is fine if it is from a private owner, but why not have the nearest Viper tech check it out or some local Viper club guys. Might want to repost asking for that specific help.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best local Viper Tech resource is Ken Klickman at Timberline Dodge. Timberline is a big supporter of the local VCA club as well. Give Ken a call if you want to have the car checked out.

http://www.timberlinedodge.com/

Where about in the Portland area are you looking at the car?

--- Ken

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, there are 360 FE vipers (all red with white stripes). They the only red and white striped vipers to ever come out of the Dodge factory for any of the ten years. They are all numbered..... go to www.feviper.com for more info.

If Lee's theroy is right, it must be worth more than the 1998 GT2's too, becasue there were 100 of those and there are less of the color you are looking at! A GT2 from 1998 with low miles only goes for $90,000+, so that sould give you a idea of how much money you are going to make on your color combo! (Of coarse, I'm kidding.) Being serious now, there are very few vipers that command more due to color. Condition and knowing your getting a clean unwrecked car is the most important!

Ken is right when he said to have Ken Klickman take a look at it. Also, remober that over ½ of all vipers have been invloved in an accident. I looked at a FE viper in Portland (for a friend who was in the market) and the price was right and they said all the right things, but when I looked under the car it was a wreck! Do yourself a favor and MAKE sure that any viper you look at you have a tech look at before you buy. You are more than welcome to call me at work or email me if you would like to talk about vipers or if you need more questions answered.

[email protected]
360-696-7446 (call between 1pm to 5pm) M-F

And actually your car in that color combination will be a lot more rare than a Final Edition. Check the registry on the front page of this site. About 300 FE's and probably about 15-30 of that color.That is a very desirable color combo. Do not worry about the dead battery, happens all the time if the guy did not use a battery tender, low mileage eguals dead batteries. I'm sure the car is fine if it is from a private owner, but why not have the nearest Viper tech check it out or some local Viper club guys. Might want to repost asking for that specific help.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken is an awesome guy; he's very friendly and helpful with advice when looking for a car (he and Tim helped me trace the histories of several cars before I bought one), and is just as good with service. They are handling my motor rebuild, and had 2 comp coupes, a stroker car, and installing a supercharger on other Vipers when I brought mine in.

Yves, are you up for a ride sometime? My car's down, but the bikes are ready to go, and the weather's looking good...

jimmia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a 2002 GTS Graphite with Cognac Connolly Leather Interior.
It's mint with thousands of upgrades and it's for sale. This vehicle is one of only 15 produced with this color combination.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that car does not work out for you give either Bill Pemberton Marv or Bernie a call as they are all supporting vendors and some of the only dealerships I would be comfortable buying a Viper from sight unseen. You can check out their web sites and see if they have what you are looking for. I bought my Sapphire Viper from Bernie at BJ Motors and could not be happier. Another advantage of going through a dealer is they can usually put an extended warranty on the car for you.

Bernie - http://www.bjmotors.biz
Marv - http://www.dodgevipersforsale.com
Bill - http://www.woodhouse.com/viper/affiliates.html

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey elanderholm, I live over in Bend and I got my super low miles '98 SVS GTS from Bernie at BJMotorz.biz. I am behind Bernie at BJMotors 100% as this was the easiest and friendliest purchase I have ever made. I fully recommend looking into them if you are looking for a Viper. Good luck in your purchase! vbmenu_register("postmenu_1959098", true);

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62