performance chip?

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda new to this but here goes. Hi guys.....
My question: Performance chip on a new '05 Viper?
Does someone make one and if so, has anyone had any positive or negative
reviews on the performance of the chip?
Also I gotta say to you guys....Iv'e had Corvettes and more Corvetts over the
years and this is my first Viper.
The answer to everyone who asks if I like it is always the same reply.....WOW!!!!
I would enclose a picture but I'm not sure how to do that one yet since this
is my first thread.

Thanks

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no "chips" that can be installed in a viper to increase performance. A Mopar Performance computer or piggyback type computer (Roe Vec II) is about all you can do in that department.

DN

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome...
No such thing as "performance chip" for viper as far as I know. Other options are out there. ROE'S VEC2, AEM soon for SRT.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the search option. Youll find lots of information from smart guys!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome...
No such thing as "performance chip" for viper as far as I know. Other options are out there. ROE'S VEC2, AEM soon for SRT.

actually there are like 2 (you see them on eaby) and they do NOTHING there crap.

Ven 2 is the way to go

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEC2 is the way to go... I just had mine installed and the dynoed showed a 20rhp and 37rwt improvement

nice #'s

When I did mine I gained 27 RWHP and 36 RWTQ just by using Seans stock cards THEN I had it tuned at Vos and got another 17 RWHP and 18 RWTQ out of her so the total for my Vec 2 was 44 RWHP and 53 RWTQ and this is on a gen 2.

Even more so then the HP/TQ I think the "streetability" , smoothness and throttle response was even more worth it.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEC2 is the way to go... I just had mine installed and the dynoed showed a 20rhp and 37rwt improvement

nice #'s

When I did mine I gained 27 RWHP and 36 RWTQ just by using Seans stock cards THEN I had it tuned at Vos and got another 17 RWHP and 18 RWTQ out of her so the total for my Vec 2 was 44 RWHP and 53 RWTQ and this is on a gen 2.

Even more so then the HP/TQ I think the "streetability" , smoothness and throttle response was even more worth it.

What's your final numbers STUGOTS?

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought west coast viper had something like that, its just a modification to the existing chip far as i know, which isnt far

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What chip???

We do have rewritable memory so you could download a new program into the controller but a "chip" I think not.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would enclose a picture but I'm not sure how to do that one yet since this is my first thread.

Mike -

Welcome to the VCA forums and to Viper ownership! You have already started out with one AWESOME car (your pics below). Congrats!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That looks really sharp! Congrats!

A formidable car by anyones' definition...