Photos of the 2003 and up brake cooling ducts?

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had close up photos of the 2003 and up factory brake cooling ducts - actually on the car. Specifically, I am wondering how they are mounted and if it would be easy to retrofit them to my gen II which is running SRT10 brakes up front. I was about to build a custom setup but figure I might as well take a look at using semi-factory parts if it would work.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to look it up, but the "cone" setup is available from Partsrack for $375. I don't think the stock SRT ducts would be a huge benefit for a Gen II just from memory of the last time I was under the front wheel well - it looked to be a molded piece that worked with the front facia & inner fender liner.

Can't recall or find the thread, but there is also a modified (or not) version of the Porsche brake cooling kit available that looked very similar to the Cone setup. Maybe the same thing by a different name?

OP
OP
I

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I have the porsche deflectors on there, but they aren't like running a true ducted setup. I actually have the cone kit sitting in the garage (picked it up from a friend cheap) and it needs to be modified slightly to clear my brakes anyway, so I was looking to see if the SRT10 ducting was decent or not. If it was, I might just go with that and have a somewhat cleaner looking install.

Photos anyone?

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to look it up, but the "cone" setup is available from Partsrack for $375. I don't think the stock SRT ducts would be a huge benefit for a Gen II just from memory of the last time I was under the front wheel well - it looked to be a molded piece that worked with the front facia & inner fender liner.

You are right. The "cone" slides onto the front facia and is attached to the fender support. I'd have to take a look at a Gen II to see if or how they could fit.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I installed the Cone brake cooling ducts on my GTS a few months ago. Bought it from Parts Rack. Works very well. You will have to notch the "output" end if you have SRT-10 brakes on your GTS.

Outgrew the Porsche air deflectors (they are still on the car). They worked OK for about 4 events. As you go faster on the track and brake harder, you will need to cool your front brakes or you will boil your brake fluid and wear your front brakes out fairly quickly.

Dan

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Here you go. A naked pic of the duct and one showing the passenger side rotor close up and where the vent hole exits. It's hard to get a good pic of it mounted.

brake_cooler_2.JPG

brake_cooler_1.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960