Pic Request: Roe Racing Front Air Dam (link inside)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Unless you are looking for a lot of front downforce and want to run a wing, why not go with the Eurotek one like Andy has.

Some of the speeds we run on our "impromptu" drives after C & C, you will be generating enough downforce to be make your car's handling change in an unsafe way unless you get a wing.
If your planning on a wing for your vert too, I'll just shut up now...:)

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't seen the Roe one before. FLATOUT has the Eurotek one and looks very good IMHO. I want an OEM style like the aero cars have but darn those are expensive. Even on fleabay they are $3500+!

OP
OP

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't seen the Roe one before. FLATOUT has the Eurotek one and looks very good IMHO. I want an OEM style like the aero cars have but darn those are expensive. Even on fleabay they are $3500+!

exactly my point. They are pretty expensive and I believe there are ones just as nice out there they are a fraction of the price. Although the Viper is aggressive by nature, I dont like a whole lot going on my front end (unless it is from the factory and looks from the factory). I like to keep it simple with a front lip. Euroteck has a very nice lip and I am considering that one but I wanted to see if I could get better pics of other lips.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are looking for a lot of front downforce and want to run a wing, why not go with the Eurotek one like Andy has.

Some of the speeds we run on our "impromptu" drives after C & C, you will be generating enough downforce to be make your car's handling change in an unsafe way unless you get a wing.
If your planning on a wing for your vert too, I'll just shut up now...:)

Thanks Robert, not planning on a wing as "I" think that looks out-of-place on a vert. I appreciate your input and certainly don't want to mess with the handling of the car, especially on those runs into Mexico after C&C. Honestly, the only reason I was leaning towards the APR version is because I think the adjustable struts look cool. I'll have to take another look at Andy's splitter, is the difference that the APR version has to have a 'larger' lip to accommodate the struts and that little bit of extra lip is what will cause too much front down force, as compared to Andy's?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got this one from steve, easy fit, 3 hours all in, has the struts, hidden behind the bumper

Just wondering why the plate that says "V10 SUX"? Seems like a strange plate for a Viper.

Also I've seen a Eurotech splitter pull out of the front bumper at high speed (read at Daytona on the high banking). Pulled all the bolts right through. Clearly more cosmetic than practical.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I've seen a Eurotech splitter pull out of the front bumper at high speed (read at Daytona on the high banking). Pulled all the bolts right through. Clearly more cosmetic than practical.

Are you suggesting go OEM or go home (stay stock)?

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bro whats happening? Some things to consider on this. Get a c/f unit rather than fiberglass as its a lot more durable and wont chip as easy. Since you dont have a wing you are not balancing the forces as well (tracking) and remember the clearance needed to go up a driveway etc. without scraping. Just a thought.

Thanks Mark, I appreciate the good advise. If I add a splitter, I'll go CF for durability. Fortunately, my 220' long driveway is exactly street level with absolutely no incline. Hope to catch-up with you and your new fiancée at an upcoming Viper event (Congrats!).

OP
OP

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got this one from steve, easy fit, 3 hours all in, has the struts, hidden behind the bumper

Many of the lips like this that i have seen usually come out a few inches from the front bumper to make it look like a true lip (See GTS-R Pic above). Did you prefer to just make it flush with the bumper or on this particular lip does it need to stay flush with the bottom of the bumper?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any "splitter" that bolts to the rubber bumper is going to pull out, its just a matter of when and at what speed, the lip spoilers are great for looks but they do break and the carbon ones break more than the fiberglass (carbon is stronger but more brittle and harder to repair)

Alan, if you want to do like Ricky Bobby and go fast, give me a call and I'll help you figure out what will work best for you.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering why the plate that says "V10 SUX"? Seems like a strange plate for a Viper.

Glad you posted this, I'll take a look at mine and come up with a much better way to mount it. I don't track the car "yet" but certainly don't want to deal with that possibly happening.

Alan I suggest calling Steve:)

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you suggesting go OEM or go home (stay stock)?

Depends what you want it for. If for looks the Eurotech splitter is great looking. I think I still have one in the basement off my 06 I'd let go cheap. If you want to track your car, don't bother with the ones that bolt to the bumper. They will pull out sooner or later, go ACR OEM. The ACR splitter is part of the front under tray and is VERY secure and expensive. You definitely get what you pay for. It has been tested in excess of 180 mph. One thing about the ACR splitter is that you need to be careful how you attach the track extension. Put it on upside down and it too will disappear (don't ask me how I know, let's just say that an SRT Gen 5 engineer told me that WILL not happen on the new car as they will engrave it with "THIS SIDE UP GEORGE!"). Trust me it is not that obvious how to mount it.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends what you want it for. If for looks the Eurotech splitter is great looking. I think I still have one in the basement off my 06 I'd let go cheap. If you want to track your car, don't bother with the ones that bolt to the bumper. They will pull out sooner or later, go ACR OEM. The ACR splitter is part of the front under tray and is VERY secure and expensive. You definitely get what you pay for. It has been tested in excess of 180 mph. One thing about the ACR splitter is that you need to be careful how you attach the track extension. Put it on upside down and it too will disappear (don't ask me how I know, let's just say that an SRT Gen 5 engineer told me that WILL not happen on the new car as they will engrave it with "THIS SIDE UP GEORGE!"). Trust me it is not that obvious how to mount it.

Remember though just adding a splitter to the front will effect handling. The car will over steer, this is not good. You need balance. If you add too much down force in the front without adding down force to the rear the car will not handle properly.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the track extension bolts on using T nuts, always have the flange side of the T nuts facing the bottom, if you have them facing UP then they will wiggle loose and the track extension will fall off as there is not flange clamping it in place

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I always get a kick how people just kump on a thread without reading the previous comments.lol

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the apr set up. In fact they used my car as the test mule for the wing, spliter ,and kanards. I do track my car and I'm happy with the aero. I'm not a pro racer by any means but I do okay. I have had no problems with my Apr set up, except you have to be careful on the street with the front. Just my two cents
Hirk

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the apr set up. In fact they used my car as the test mule for the wing, spliter ,and kanards. I do track my car and I'm happy with the aero. I'm not a pro racer by any means but I do okay. I have had no problems with my Apr set up, except you have to be careful on the street with the front. Just my two cents
Hirk

Ok so maybe my review was a little harsh:rolaugh: It's a cool splitter and great on street. I found that the right and left would bend and flex too much at high speed on the track. Even have a few photo's of it on the car doing that. However it does look sweet.