Pics: got my Lemke 3pc Trunk Top!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I don't have any more with the top... those were taken with my cell phone.
Here are some taken with a better camera that shows the green paint better.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rest of pics here... http://forums.viperclub.org/album.php?albumid=396

THANKS MIKE! god I love that color!
You must be registered for see images

--RS

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good. Any pics of the whole car with the top on?

Sorry Austin, I guess I was just focussed on the top when I was taking those. Imagine that... duh. Obviously I lack the "photographers eye" for things. :dunce:
I do know you'd like it more with the top (as do I) since my car is still stock height and I know you like to slam them! :D
It really does make it look more exotic with the top on. I might just keep it on all summer. :)

Maybe I'll get some pics later today with my cell.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive always liked that top. Im a big fan of the RT, and if I had one I think Id always keep the top on, as Im more a coupe/coupe look guy.

Sorry Austin, I guess I was just focussed on the top when I was taking those. Imagine that... duh. Obviously I lack the "photographers eye" for things. :dunce:
I do know you'd like it more with the top (as do I) since my car is still stock height and I know you like to slam them! :D
It really does make it look more exotic with the top on. I might just keep it on all summer. :)

Maybe I'll get some pics later today with my cell.

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MORE PICS PLEASE! I love that Emerald green!

--RS
ok Ron... here's 3 more. :)

Looks good. Any pics of the whole car with the top on?
Austin, here are a few taken with my cell... got the whole this time.
Please ignore my wheel gaps... but if they bug you, you'll need to chop 'em for me.:D

You must be registered for see images attach

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can chop 'em for ya... holding a blow torch to the springs should do the trick nicely :eater:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuu!

:D

--RS

Attachments

• monkey.gif
    monkey.gif
    432 bytes · Views: 12

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love mine too...it's on about 99% of the time...

Caution to yellow haters: you better start squinting in 3...2...1...NOW! :smirk:

136715[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• DSC04019.jpg
    DSC04019.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, thanks for the whole car pics. Here it is lowered. Had to!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice as usual Austin :2tu: It's probably me or the camer angle but the front would look even better if it is raised every so slightly?

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Austin, now that really does look nice. I'm looking at that thinking I still might be able to get around town with it... might only need to avoid one or two places, one of them being an icecream shop. :(

Well, just yesterday I was on the phone and got pricing for some belangers and hf cats blah, blah - between the lemke top and the exhaust mods it will be 9k.
And now you go and do this... :omg: I'm gonna be broke by the time voi gets here. :lmao2:

Maybe I'll wait till next summer to lower it but I'm gonna print this pic off as a reference since it's not slammed to ground but still lowered. :2tu:

Thanks, Mike

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great pics and I've always thought that that is the way the RT/10 SHOULD have looked out of the factory.

I'd love to fit one on mine BUT how much head room do you lose without the 'double bubble'? I'm 6'3" and had to get the seat lowering kit for the standard hard top. Gave me an extra couple inches (never to be sniffed at!). But even now it's a tight squeeze wearing a helmet for track days etc.

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Yellow RT/!0 similar to the one above. As most people here I like the look of this top much better than the factory roof but I'm still not clear on a couple of things.
It's mentioned that it's an easy task to re & re the sports bar but how "easy" is easy
Lets say I'm away for a day cruise with my wife and it starts to rain. Is it realistic to think I can pull over, remove the sports bar and install the top before it ruins the interior? I have zero interest in driving around without that trim in place.

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics and I've always thought that that is the way the RT/10 SHOULD have looked out of the factory.

I'd love to fit one on mine BUT how much head room do you lose without the 'double bubble'? I'm 6'3" and had to get the seat lowering kit for the standard hard top. Gave me an extra couple inches (never to be sniffed at!). But even now it's a tight squeeze wearing a helmet for track days etc.

Hi Scot, you definitely lose head room as compared to the autoform. This sleek exotic look has a price... and that's head room. I know Stretch (Jason) has this top and he is like either 6'3" or 6'4" and has his seat lowered to the floor permanantly.
I'm about to lower mine soon and I'm just 6'0". I can't imagine anybody taller than me NOT lowering their seats with this top... unless they like to look gansta when they drive. :lmao2:
To answer your question, I can only guess you're losing at least 1-1/2" to 2" or so from the double bubble.

Mike

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Yellow RT/!0 similar to the one above. As most people here I like the look of this top much better than the factory roof but I'm still not clear on a couple of things.
It's mentioned that it's an easy task to re & re the sports bar but how "easy" is easy
Lets say I'm away for a day cruise with my wife and it starts to rain. Is it realistic to think I can pull over, remove the sports bar and install the top before it ruins the interior? I have zero interest in driving around without that trim in place.

Well, I can't anwer that yet since I just got it recently. However, Ken posted this on the first page and maybe he can elorborate a little on the subject. His text is in red. Sounds promising from what he says below;
What is the sports pad? sorry for being a newbe.
Is it the black plastic trim piece in front of the "roll bar"? Yes
Do you have any photos of what the mods look like without the top in place? The OE sports pad can be re-installed pretty quickly by removing a few attachment knobs. Here is the 3-piece tops sports bar in place..

If Ken doesn't chime in then try sending him a PM and just ask. :2tu:

Mike

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Scot, you definitely lose head room as compared to the autoform. This sleek exotic look has a price... and that's head room. I know Stretch (Jason) has this top and he is like either 6'3" or 6'4" and has his seat lowered to the floor permanantly.
I'm about to lower mine soon and I'm just 6'0". I can't imagine anybody taller than me NOT lowering their seats with this top... unless they like to look gansta when they drive. :lmao2:
To answer your question, I can only guess you're losing at least 1-1/2" to 2" or so from the double bubble.

Mike

I am 6 ft. and the seat lowering kit (one inch on driver side and 2 inch on passenger side) did the trick quite nicely. :smirk:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can't anwer that yet since I just got it recently. However, Ken posted this on the first page and maybe he can elorborate a little on the subject. His text is in red. Sounds promising from what he says below;

If Ken doesn't chime in then try sending him a PM and just ask. :2tu:

Mike

My 3-piece sports bar looks completely different than Ken's. It is rectangular rather than "angular" like his. Maybe he has a newer version than the one I have. Mine requires a wrench to take off and put back on. Not a big deal but still not as easy as with the knobs that Ken has. Will try to post pics later to show what I'm talking about.

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In which case, the loss of head room would make it impossible to have a helmet on in the car for me then - bit of a deal-breaker!

However, I'm also thinking of going for a proper racing seat with 5 point harness (the inertia lock on my standard seat belt has stopped working anyway) - the right seat might give me some more headroom!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's mentioned that it's an easy task to re & re the sports bar but how "easy" is easy. Lets say I'm away for a day cruise with my wife and it starts to rain. Is it realistic to think I can pull over, remove the sports bar and install the top before it ruins the interior? I have zero interest in driving around without that trim in place.

I don't think a little rain will ruin the interior, but it will take a few minutes to remove the OE sports pad by unscrewing 4 hand screws/nuts, then installing the Lemke sports bar using 4 hand screw attachments and then installing the 3 piece top. It will take a minumum of 5 minutes.

As info...the reason that the OE sports pad can still be used is that there are modifications that are going to be made to the OE sports pad to allow it to be installed with the 4 hand screws/nuts that tighten it to the 4 bolts that the Lemke sports bar uses.

Here's a picture of one end of the OE sports pad with 2 of the hand screw attachments installed...

Here's the OE sports pad with the Lemke hand screw attachment installed on my viper...

OP
OP
V

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... Does it rattle? Does it leak?

LifeIsGood and ZYellow, thanks for all the good info and pics. Should they make these again I'm sure your inputs will be valuable for somebody. :)
Anyone have have answer to jdeft1's question about leaks? I know mine doesn't rattle because it locks in real tight with the clamps but can't speak on the leaks.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've only had my Viper in a driving rainstorm one time, and there was some slight "drippage" along the back seal (where all three pieces meet the targa part of the car). It wasn't a big deal, but I think that if I had taken the time to adjust the 3-piece top correctly, I would have a better fit (and correspondingly less "drippage").

Gerry - keep on Jeff's case. I know they are really busy over there, but hopefully someone will get back with you. I've only "heard" from other VCA members that they've stopped making these tops, but haven't heard it from Jeff himself. There is still hope, my friend! :2tu:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff provided the greatest of customer service to me before, during and after my purchase 2 years ago...but I tried contacting him multiple times a couple of months back to no avail. I'm sure if you were interested in purchasing one of his Falcons, your emails and/or phone calls would get returned. :D

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the top, but being 6'2", it is a little tight with the seat 2" lower. Forget wearing a helmet! I'm really considering getting an Autoform top for events.

I'm also really torn weather to paint match the top or leave it black..

P.S. Yes, those are Gen 2 doors on my Gen 1.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You two need to read the words at the bottom of Andymac's post BELOW the pictures...................................

I think the boy wanted real windows on his Gen I :D

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AndyMac

From one Andy with a Yellow RT/10 to another....Leave it Black. Looks awesome.
I am considering purchasing this top and was thinking it would look good in Black. Now I know.
Also looking for H-spoke wheels.
Thanks for almost building my car the way I want it:D
Except for the side pipes