Pics-Mods & Opinions.....OH MY!!

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys! I know I've only been in the Viper family for a short while, but here are the list of mods/add-ons I've completed this month with results/opinions/Prices for inquiring minds.

1) Mopar aftermarket gloss black (two piece) console.(Dealership Part: $380)
-love it! Adds a nice touch, lots of comments, great finish!

2) Four triple plated chrome bezels for gauges (MGW:$120)
-great finish/quality, very nice with the custom console.

3) Low profile Chrome shifter bezel: (MGW:$85)
-great finish-n-finish

4) Hurst short throw shifter (Dealer:$240ish)
-great quality, 30% shorter throws
-a bit tricky to install because there is drilling required to remove/install two bolts.

5) Shorty Gripper Shift Knob with Chrome plating and 3D Logo (MGW:$75)
-Great finish/quality.
-Perfect fit with the Hurst thread pattern, low but not too low a profile.
-The pic of console is without current shorty shifter. Current is about 1.5" shorty.

7) Trip plated Chrome (cup holder:) bezel: (MGW:$30)
-Great fit-n-finish (if not a smoker - a must have!)

8) Chrome Side Vent Trim + Upper Windshield Trim: (Parts Rack: $405/$125)
-awesome touch on a black snake to match wheels
-be careful when mounting, once the sticky side touched...there's no moving it around.

9) Chrome Valve Stem Caps (SnakeOyl Products:$24)

10) Billet Aluminum (polished) gas cap (SnakeOyl: $199)
-not an exact fit, but very nice touch.
-very solid looking, not a cheap stick-on.

11) K&N V Plenum with Green Filters + Sealed air box kit(Atro Racing: $650)
-Great fit-n-finish except ** replacement of air sensor in V-plenum (not Atro's fault)
-make sure you can get your hands on another sensor when the 1st breaks :)
-Included Iridium-Enhanced .6mm Platinum Plugs (not installed yet)
-Included retention sprint for throttle lever

12) Side pipes with turn-outs & welded chrome tips w/rolled edge) (Atro Racing:$1500
-Great fit with minor adjustments (Read Directions Thoroughly FIRST:)
-included heat wrapped mufflers
-included heat shielding for cockpit area & side sills
-Also included any/all phone support (Thanks Rob!!)

13) shift Eliminator (Atro Racing:$45)
-have not installed

14) Green Stuff Brake Pads (Atro Racing: $250ish)
-have not installed

15) Hi-Flow Single Cats (Atro Racing: $850ish)
-approx 2 weeks to have made

16) New (reprogrammed) computer to swap with OEM (Quoted $1,000ish by Atro Racing)
-Will do as soon as last mod has been completed.

You must be registered for see images

Total Cost In Last 45 Days: $4,900 To Complete: $6,000 Value: Priceless :2tu:

Final Thoughts.....

While many have stated "removing the cross-over will make the car too loud, hurt your ears, make your neighbors run!". I haven't experienced anything like that. As a matter of fact, in my opinion, the cars sounds much closer to the way it looks. when started, a much deeper, more powerful intention is unleashed. People seem to take notice much quicker to catch glimpse of the unusual sound lurking beneath the window lines of all the other "cars - just". There is a bit of a drone, but easily camouflaged by the added sense of dominance. Seriously, the drone may bother some, but the sheer fact that we don't drive these machines for pure luxury should suffice. Now at wide open throttle..that's another story. The car really opens up with the K&N/Green Filter sealed air box. All I can say is F1. The car sounding like a formula 1 is not a joke. The pitch changes to a much higher defined sound. Though there are some random popping when deselroating, supposedly a re-burn to the computer will fix it? Each day I drive this car, since the mods were added, the smile on my face gets bigger and bigger. I'm much closer to deep euro (Ferrari) sounding muscle car. I can't say enough about the sound IMO. Anyone who says it's too loud...doesn't know what a 97 Cobra with CAI, Bassani X-pipe, & 3 1/2" Cat back sounds like. I've had many tell me that both the Cobra & Viper sound better than any other they've heard. Enough about that!

As far as SOP feel, it's not night & day like I was expecting, but I guess the bottom line is "Am I A Happier Viper Owner?" The answer is emphatically yes! The sound, the additional pull, and of course the slightest hints of additional chrome. I can't count the stares during a morning stroll to my place of daylight dwelling. You know how in some cars, your just pulled to look around while sitting at a light. Not this one! There's no point. No subconscious self reassurance required. This car is just simply bad. Why? Because it just is :) And most importantly, I thankful that I am truly blessed enough to be able to own one. Enjoy!

NOTE: Big thanks to Rob & Atro Racing. Rob was a big help & always there to answer any & all questions I had. The product was as promised! A very big deal in today’s world of auto wannabe virtuosos. I’ll be ordering those hi-flow cats from you soon!!

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Car!! Congrats. I agree with you completely on losing the crossover pipe. Your description of the improvement is right on.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2005 Viper=$60,0000
Mods for Viper=$5,000
Having a seperate credit card and not telling your wife how much you spent=PRICELESS

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy to post more pics Yellow. But I really need an easier way to post without having to send them to someone else. I've noticed most of you post your pics from a URL right here in the gallery. If some would oblige me, I'll post everything myself. Also, I've already had a few comments regarding the overhead chrome pieces. It's all in the details!! More pics to come.

Thanks for all the positive comments!!!
;)

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE - I'd be happy to post more pics Yellow. But I really need an easier way to post without having to send them to someone else. I've noticed most of you post your pics from a URL right here in the gallery. If some would oblige me, I'll post everything myself. - QUOTE

Here ya go...

HERE

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I love your Expedition! Oh yeah, nice Viper too.

Good look Dagger, and it looks like you know how to wax a Viper as well.
Thank for the pics. I'm thinking of a few mods as well, just don't know which ones first,

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Mopar aftermarket gloss black (two piece) console.(Dealership Part: $380)
-love it! Adds a nice touch, lots of comments, great finish!

Just wondering, how hard was it to install that?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great mods .. One of the cheapest mods u can do is to replace the six hex bolts that hold the console in with ones from home depot that come in polished stainless steel.. Also the stainless letters on the side and rear , and also the stainless license suround would look clean on a black car. Also consider the ebc rotors
10539PICT0001-med.JPG
10539PICT0006-thumb.JPG
10539PICT0009-med.JPG
10539PICT0004-med.JPG
10539PICT0022-med.JPG

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
say if u're in dallas are u going to the shreveport get together this weekend
10539PICT0006-med.JPG

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Midge: Thanks a ton!! I'll get better pics out there soon.

Andrew: I have your answer...just Do-em-All. Problem Solved :p

Mastiff: Easiest mod I've ever done.

Note: If anyone has any detailed questions in regards to the installation of anything mentioned..please feel free to PM me your # and I'll be happy to talk with you on it.

THanks Again!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should try the MGW shifter knob that has no extension on it. It is simply a ball that the hurst shifter threads into. The shift is much shorter and tighter. The Hurst was not designed for a knob with a shaft. I drove for a while with a short shaft knob from MGW but found that the ball alone provided the best overall feel and firmness I was looking for.

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to put down the satin look in any way, but in my grand scheme I ultimately decided that satin had become slightly over-done. In most cases I would have gone with satin or brushed aluminum. But when it came down to it, I decided to step away from the norm, in my humble opinion, and go with Chrome. You guys that think this is too much Chrome, your opinion would probably differ if you saw the car in person. Only on black would I go with this much Chrome. Simply because the way chrome reflects black, and black reflects all colors, a very unique look is created. You almost have to second guess what your looking at when seeing the chrome side vents. In a way they look like smoked chrome. Anyway, to each his own. All Vipers are beautiful in my opinion. Even the ones that have multicolor interiors matching the exterior...Hmmmm, yeah! Even them :crazy:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dagger for the very nice review. I also did mine in chrome, it looks great. Again I thank you for the nice write up.
Robbie
AtRo Racing Products

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been fortunate enough to drive the Viper every day this week. Just got home and had to say it one more time. If you don't like the sound of your snake, drive Plano Tx. I assure you you'll hear a sound you love :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. For those of you who wanted to know the part number of the Mopar console:

PN: 82209809

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dagger, does you gloss black dash get scratched up if you wear a bracelet or watch on your right hand while shifting? Also I now have dash and consoles availble in the following colors:
CARBON FIBER
GLOSS BLACK
SILVER
RED

Your choice for $380.00

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dagger, does you gloss black dash get scratched up if you wear a bracelet or watch on your right hand while shifting? Also I now have dash and consoles availble in the following colors:
CARBON FIBER
GLOSS BLACK
SILVER
RED

Your choice for $380.00

Does the Silver match the Viper silver? and does it get scratched up?

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the scratching..I couldn't tell you. I don't wear a watch on my right hand. I do sometimes where a bracelet but to this point, no scratches. I also keep a micro fiber rag under the driver seat (a must) to periodically wipe down the console etc...

Viperman: I have no idea how close it mathces silver

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Don, Dagger. For anyone who is interested in buying these dash console kits I now have available brand new OEM kits in the following colors;
Gloss Black
Carbon Fiber
Silver
Red

Your choice of color for $379.95.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala