Pics of polished intake

BlueRush2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Decided to swap my stock intake for a polished one. Thanks to Dan Lesser at Viper Specialty Performance for sending me this, it was in superb condition and it's been polished so well you can see your reflection in it. These pics were taken with my phone so they're not the best quality but still I think the polished intake really changes the whole look and feel of the engine compartment.

I was surprised how easy the swap was and I thank Dan for answering a few calls and answering some questions. He even replied to some late night text messages, that's service that you don't find often.

I know Nader has a how-to regarding Gen III intakes, do you think I should create one for the Gen IV's? I did snap pics as I went along.

It was sunny and 65 degress in central TX today, had to go put some miles on the car. Came home with a s*@t eating grin on my face.:drive:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have more pictures of your instrument cluster? Noticed your avatar, haven't seen anyone else do that, but always wondered. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
B

BlueRush2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have more pictures of your instrument cluster? Noticed your avatar, haven't seen anyone else do that, but always wondered. Thanks in advance!

I think I may have taken a few more, I'll look and PM you. Really wasn't that difficult of a job.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome. Dan's polisher does a great job. I decided to do my own and I can say it's worth whatever they charge. Its alot of work. Here's mine before I hit it again with Mothers. Brought it out even more. If anyone knows how what they use to seal them I'd appreciate the info. I don't want to clear it but there is a penetrating sealer that is is supposed to last for a year or more.

You must be registered for see images

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the props!

FYI, the Mothers polish has done well by me over the years, I do recommend it. Standard waxing does well for sealing, but no matter what, just beware of water spots. Make sure you wipe it off after washing the car or if you get caught in the rain.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks REALLY Good. Only thing I'd suggest is to replace the red intake tubes with black. The red take away from the impact of the chrome/red engine & look Ricey.
:2tu:
:usa:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we're talking about removing the intake it's pretty straight forward. Now the polishing is totally different matter. If I can help someone PM me.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to swap my stock intake for a polished one. Thanks to Dan Lesser at Viper Specialty Performance for sending me this, it was in superb condition and it's been polished so well you can see your reflection in it. These pics were taken with my phone so they're not the best quality but still I think the polished intake really changes the whole look and feel of the engine compartment.

I was surprised how easy the swap was and I thank Dan for answering a few calls and answering some questions. He even replied to some late night text messages, that's service that you don't find often.

I know Nader has a how-to regarding Gen III intakes, do you think I should create one for the Gen IV's? I did snap pics as I went along.

It was sunny and 65 degress in central TX today, had to go put some miles on the car. Came home with a s*@t eating grin on my face.:drive:

What size are the dash bulbs?

OP
OP
B

BlueRush2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks REALLY Good. Only thing I'd suggest is to replace the red intake tubes with black. The red take away from the impact of the chrome/red engine & look Ricey.
:2tu:
:usa:

Thanks, I think it turned out great and I appreciate the comment! Regarding the red tubes, guess I never stopped to think about it since they are part of the K&N Typhoon kit. I bought the kit and put it all on. Don't know if K&N makes black tubes to go with the Typhoon kits?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang