[PICS] Underhood project complete!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after staring at my polished Paxton setup on my last Viper for the last few years, completely stock just wasn't doing it for me:lmao: A buddy of mine and I sanded and polished the intake manifold and throttle body. The valve covers were painted by a local body shop. We buffed the Viper logo, and clearcoated over them as well. Every nut/bolt/stud that I had off got addressed, either by detailing or painting. I got the Hennessey style intake here on the forum, and reinstalled it all this afternoon. I'm pretty happy how it all turned out. I'm basically finished under the hood, save for some exhaust work and a SCT tune :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks sweet. Just how much work is involved getting the intake manifold off?

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hank, let me be the first to say "That is awesome".

I want to be like Hank.

Thanks! I sent you a PM with the contact info.

Looks sweet. Just how much work is involved getting the intake manifold off?

Not much at all...it's a piece of cake. The second to rear bolt on the drivers side is a pain in the butt, but it's certainly manageable.

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to do this, How much time did you have to invest into the intake sand and polish?

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably 15 hours or so. Notice I didn't do the inner runners, or the lower runners where it bolts to the heads. That would add at least double the time

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Sal. I appreciate the tips!

Not a problem. Just takes time and patience. Glad you did it and not me. I'm sure you get a ton of satisfaction knowing that you did it yourself. BTW is that my intake/filter set up or did I sell it to someone else? Looks great with the poilshed intake.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan the intake looks preety good but I think you need more practice so I will send you my 08 intake so you can get a few more hours of practice :D
Looks great brotha would love to have my under hood looking that nice:2tu:

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hank,
Looks great. You need your alternator and Tstat housing done and you'll be set.
Here's mine.
You must be registered for see images

tomob1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fantastic!
thanks for posting the pics.
now i have another thing on my "to do list":D
tom

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my almost finished engine bay. Sorry, cell phone camera so it is not too clear. I only lacked the chrome radiator hose in the pic.

Attachments

• Engine Bay.jpg
    Engine Bay.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 64

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it they say is the greatest form of flattery? I love, love, love it. Had the same plan in mind, but glad you did it first though.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charege you to powder coat your valve covers, or do you do it yourself?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great Job Ryan! I remember when I had the time to do this stuff lol. Great job!

Andy

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it they say is the greatest form of flattery? I love, love, love it. Had the same plan in mind, but glad you did it first though.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charege you to powder coat your valve covers, or do you do it yourself?

It is actually painted with regular automotive paint. I do a fair amount of business with these guys, so I was charged less...but they said they would normally charge $250.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan are those stock plug wires. they nust of upgraded along the way, i cant see the heat shields for the plugs. I like that, i ditched mine and am waiting on some heat socks for my plugs. The shields are a PITA when changing plugs.
Looks great

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are the stock wires and plugs. The heat shields are in place too. I don't subscribe to the theory that plugs and wires are making a big difference...I'll keep 'em till 30k or so, then get some AB's then. The car just turned 10k...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456