Pirelli tires

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering if the new Pirelli tires would fit my acr. If I remember correctly, the new fronts are 295 30 18 and the rears are 355 30 19, a little bigger than the Michelin sport cups, but may have clearance issues. Also when available.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the Gen V front suspension and wheel's housing was re-engineered to fit these new wider tires. The front track was widened to reduce understeer. Outside edge of front tires now line up with the outside edge of the rear tires, giving a square footprint.

Until they are out, it will be difficult to know if they will rub, especially on lowered ACRs. With the tremendous downforce generated by ACR Aero there might be problems that show up at the track, but not on the street.

Current hot setup seems to be the latest Michelin Pilot Supersports. Sever people ran them at VOI, on the Roval, road course, and drags. They seemed to get good reviews. These people were able to drive long distances to the event on quiet, comfortable tires, then go directly to the track. They also had the ability to run on Saturday when the rain made dedicated track tires unsuitable.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be running the 315/18 Hoosiers up front with no problem. The new Pirelli tire sizes will work fine on your ACR and will be awesome. Just have to wait awhile until they are available though.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the 315's in my 96, and while they turned in much better, they rubbed in the turns under compression and angle, as well in the pits at full lock. You also had to be careful when closing the clam shell hood, not to crack off the hood corners if the tires were turned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang