**** Plants & Viable Options

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was my question, and I have reviewed the posted (and e-mailed) answers.

It is unreasonable to gain a consensus, and any discussion of someone's fondness for their SRT-10 will always evoke disagreement.

However, the original question seemed to lead to this conclusion:

For most, there was no true choice between the Viper and other cars. Some had considered a Porsche or a Ferrari, but neither met the needs of the Viper (and those needs met by the Viper differ to some degree among people).

Many have owned (or considered) a Corvette, and few would disagree that the latter is a very nice daily commuter. Many feel that the Viper is not, was never intended to be, and the best summary would have been: "If I could own a Viper and a Corvette, I would drive the Viper 2-3 times a week and use the Corvette to go to the office."

Again, there is not 100% agreement with this, but in general that appears to be what public and private respondents stated.

The Corvette is seen as a very nice $50k car with excellent streetability, docility and comfort but lacks the visual and visceral bling factor.

Your input was appreciated.

Alice & The Viper Blog

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A new vette is so pedestrian, it never entered my mind. An old 60s style vette, maybe. I did own 2 turbo Porsche Carreras, and test drove a Ferrari and Lambo before buying the Viper. After owning it, I can only see buying more of them in the future.

Reaction score
No disrespect to anyone here, though I am presently looking to get my wife a new yellow corvette coupe (Non Z06).
And no it will not take away from the beauty of my yellow Viper as they both rest in the same garage.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the Viper for a nice run on the freeway yesterday :eek: :smirk: :D

NOW I know why you guys don't even consider a Vette in the same catagory!!

Ps..I was running out of road leading me to run out of balls...not even close to running out of power :eek:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper has emotion! Too many other cars have no zeal, no pizzaz. The Viper appeals to your gut instincts to eat meat and howl at the moon.

Best Viper quote of the day! (year?)

I tried to trade my '99 RT/10 (under 2000 miles) on a '00 Vette. What a mistake that would have been!...good thing the Chevy salesdude wouldn't return my phone calls!