Playing Pitch and Catch at VIR (video)

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NASA Event April fools day -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVmCUEyuAtY

Me and a buddy Chris Driver in his Yella Z playing a little "pitch and catch" on Virginia International Raceway's Fullcourse...1st couple laps hes in front, then the video switches to his in-car and I lead...man our mutual friend Matt Downey made it look as fun as it was...

If you own a GTS, you need to try this sometime.

Enjoy

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
Its a full cage - the front crossmember, unlike alot of cars is not through the front dash...I can only guess as to not destroy it? I believe the cage was put in by that crazy bastich Eddie Martin in Phoenix, so he would know.

Shifter is a B&M which of course I have broken once (like all the other ones I have owned in previous vipers and vettes) but had it uber-welded up and lengthened a bit so as to not have to move from wheel the shifter as much. Tranny was less than a day old and the shift forks were sitting ever so slightly off of where my "muscle memory" had them to be, hence I missed a shift (put her in 5th instead of 3rd at T1, lap2) for the first time there in 5 years. I get it movin' the last lap shown here though...

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Looked like the vette was handling your business just fine for the first half. I was quite impressed with the vette. What kind of power is he making? Also were you short shifting the car, or do you have gears in it? Becasue even on boost, I dont go through the gears as quickly as you did in the beginning. Just curious. No dissrespect to the Vette, but I sure thought your viper would have whooped up on him a lot better then that in the beginning. Towards the end (and it took you long enough) you finally brought respect back to the family ;-) He also looked a little exhausted especially since his line started going to poop towards the end. He was over straigtening turns and hitting some dirt in an attempt to catch up after the long back straight-a-way.

Good to see a post from ya homo, if your ever in Chicago, give me a shout !!

Jon

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon!

I let Chris by at the beginning so I could get his line on tape. I was shortshifting in order to stay behind him. Backstraight 1st lap is the best example of this. Turn 1 first lap was a f*ckup by me - shifted to 5th Lol. What can I say, the tranny was just installed less than 24 hours prior and the shift forks were a little off from my previous transmission. Or the old forks were really reeeeeely worn. Wouldnt have been as fun just hauling *** from the begining - never would of got the in-car switching between cockpits. That being said, Chris is an fantastic driver - he tried his butt off to make up for the power differential in the end-of-straight braking zones big-time, last lap turn 14 you see him take a "shortcut". Its basically a stock 02 Z06 with appropriate bolt-ons for power and handling, and Toyo RA-1's. Not alot of guys can run 2:08's in a vette with his power. I was only a couple seconds quicker.

Oh yeah the mount - think its an IO-PORT but not sure....what helps is that the camera is a MINIDV Sony...bad luck with disc-types and harddrive versions I hear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon's right Frank - Me and the bunny like variety. So much so, that the offer to extend our roster is "open" to you if this was a thinly disguised inquiry to play ball next time yer in town. I only ask that you bring the gimp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang