Please help. Car won't start...

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...well it turns over fine and runs for 1 sec..then stalls...it will the start immed...but stalls after one second. Then, I try to get out of the vehicle ...door latch won't work. The remote doesn't work..... never had a problem before. I changed the battery in the remote...nothing. Held both buttons together for 5 secs...nada. The car cranks over fine and the headlites are fine..the battery is recent. Took the car for a ride at lunc and came back sto my house, the car sat for 2hours with the trunk open and the trunk lite on....but shouldn't be a problem. I never set the alarm when parking the Viper. I guess the door latches worked allowing me to get in the car, but then I couldn't get out. Fuel press seems ok. WT ???? :dunno: tia

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the alarm module connector work loose.Try unpluging the alarm module for a few minutes then plug it back in and see what happens.The module is under the drivers side of the dash above you right leg.It is held n place by a rubber strap and has two plugs going into it.Hope this helps

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me once. I disconnected the postive terminal under my hood for a few minutes and it solved my problem.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me once. I disconnected the postive terminal under my hood for a few minutes and it solved my problem.

Same here. It's the EEM (electronic entry module) acting up and telling the PCM the car has been tampered with. Pull the positive battery cable for a minute or so, reconnect and the car will fire up and stay running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte