Plugs and wires

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the latest on what I should use for spark plugs and spark plug wires for my 05?

I was at a Dodge dealer to pick up a couple of things recently, and out of curiosity, asked for a quote on changing the plug wires, and they said around $420?! That seems outrageous, what's a reasonable price to expect? At that price, I'll do it myself, even if it is a PITA on the Gen 3 (versus Gen 2, which was way easier).

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the latest on what I should use for spark plugs and spark plug wires for my 05?

I was at a Dodge dealer to pick up a couple of things recently, and out of curiosity, asked for a quote on changing the plug wires, and they said around $420?! That seems outrageous, what's a reasonable price to expect? At that price, I'll do it myself, even if it is a PITA on the Gen 3 (versus Gen 2, which was way easier).

I suspect their seemingly outrageous price is because of the labor to remove the intake and of course the absolutely stupid prices they charge for parts. Get a set of AB's wires and a set of Bosch 4508 plugs [plugs assuming you're not FI] and you're good to go for almost ever. You can reuse the intake gaskets if they're not damaged. Replacing them isn't a high dollar affair anyway, like $50 or less.

--FQB

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Adam at Quality Wires and use them instead of the stock Mopar wires,you'll be happy you did.

Good suggestion RudeDawg, go with AB's home , I did :2tu: I let the dealer install them because the intake manifold needs to be removed on a Gen III

You must be registered for see images

elvis1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anybody tried or succeeded in changing out the wires on a Gen 3 without pulling the intake? Is it possible? I would like to change mine but would like to skip the hassle of pulling the intake.:2tu:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anybody tried or succeeded in changing out the wires on a Gen 3 without pulling the intake? Is it possible? I would like to change mine but would like to skip the hassle of pulling the intake.:2tu:

After watching the Viper Tech @ Tomball Dodge, I would say impossible without intake removal. Both coil packs are underneath it :crazy2:

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another for Abs. If your stock, i think chuck recommends chamption rc12 spark plugs

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Adam, and think he owes me a set of wires actually. I seem to recall using Champion RC12 plugs before, but it has been a couple of years.

That might work Tom, if you'll actually ever be around?! PM me a labor price? If you are too high, I might have to do it myself! ;)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Adam, and think he owes me a set of wires actually. I seem to recall using Champion RC12 plugs before, but it has been a couple of years.

That might work Tom, if you'll actually ever be around?! PM me a labor price? If you are too high, I might have to do it myself! ;)

You dufas, call once in a while and maybe I will give you Tom Session's number.................:D:D:D

For your car or any semi-stock car, RC12ECC!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Slaughter, where've you been? I was clicking through some pics last night and came across this one from 2001. Hard to believe it's been 10 years.

Chuck_JohnSlaughterMikeStuartGeraldHeddlesonScottStuartMe.jpg

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that one, think I have it too. In a couple of months, it will have been 10 years since I came down, met you guys, and bought that first Viper...10 years?! Only about 120k of Viper miles for me, hard to catch up with you Chuck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang