PMUM what an inspiration to many!

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had found this interview of PMUM on the internet and found it to be quit amusing. I guess it really shows who this driver was. http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/profiles/team27.htm

I 'd also like to give my thoughts about this guy. I can't say I have had the ability to meet PMUM and his crew ever, but I did follow the Speed series real close as I work behind McCann's race car facility in North Canton, Ohio and followed the races with Mike and Jim. The chances I got to watch him, PMUM, on TV were amazing. This guy really showed the world what the dodge viper could do. I rememebr saying to a local prosche racer, Freddy Baker, that he could not even hang with this guy, and there was no way that the Prosche could beat the "NEW" viper. But what I do have to say is this guy has proven to me at a young age, 31, anything is possible. Iam only 23 and have stared racing this year and I know that this guy PMUM has been a true inspiration to me and my goals. Additionaly being a pilot makes this whole thing hit home too close. I was really looking forward to the rest of the season and what was to come of what I can say is "The Best Viper Driver" I have ever seen. I know that I will put a Pmum sticker on all my cars and remember everything he did to encourage me to race, even though I never meet the man. It just seems like yesterday he was holding up the first place trophey! Thanks for letting me give my 2 cents VCA

Bill

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Bill. There may never be another PMUM but maybe somebody will follow close behind. Good luck with your racing career.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was truly an inspiration for me. I remember watching him at a TCRA event at Willow Springs a few years ago and wishing I could be half as good a driver as he. That was the first time I met him personally. What a great person he was.