Poll- Do you have bubbles in your paint, and what kind of wax was used?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
A few of us are trying to determine if there is a connection between the type of wax that has been used on a car, and the presence of bubbles in the paint. It has been stated that the bubbles are caused by resin in the body material, that comes up as the body cures fully. If this is true, maybe the type of wax used could prevent the paint from breathing. Please take a moment to post whether or not you have or had bubbles in your paint, location of same, year of car, and wax used. This will add to the body of knowledge of the VCA, and possibly help your fellow members. Thanks!

Year/model/color-2001 GTS, sapphire/stripes.
Bubbles-No.
Wax-McGuires Gold Class.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UK Brand called Autoglym resin polish with a further coat of 'High Gloss' polish.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 years with RT - no bubbles
nearly 9 months with GTS - no bubbles

the same polish as Paul, Autoglym resin

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for your responses. Anybody else?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one do not have any bubbles on my '95. I used Maguire's wax the first 3 years and then switched to Zaino.

I do have little depressions that look a little like chicken foot markings on the hood. I believe they are the result of shrinking filler in the hood. I had them repaired and repainted once but they returned (or others just like them) a year or 2 later.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tiny bubbles (Don **) about 20 on the rt side of the car on the hood halfway between the cooling vents over the wheels and the windshield, and on the lt side about 10 same place. I am a Zaino freak from day one. Probably have gone through $400 worth in the last 1-1/2 years. Dodge buffed out the ones on the rt side, but they came back a month later???

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone please post pictures of this bubble phenomenon? Can you actually feel them when you rub your hand across the paint? Like Ron Stene mentioned, our 94 red RT/10 has noticeable, little pock marks on the hood close to the vents. They don't seem attributed to rocks or any other objects.
To answer the question posed in this thread though.....been using Zaino for years with no bubbles.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bubbles in my paint.... a 1996 RT/10.. Black/Silver stripes..... very tiny bubbles on the sport cap sides only? That's the only place I've found them.

Anyone have any idea if DC will repair under warranty?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably doesn't have anything to do with anything on the exterior including wax.Most likely surface contamination to which paint was applied and hopefuly not seepage of resin chemicals from the body panels dut to Improperly mixed resin or poor curing conditions. Bruce

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be covered under warranty. I had mine fixed under warranty :)
What year Viper do you own... and how long ago did you have repainted under warranty? Was that an extended warranty service contract?

Thanks, Lance

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Sapphire GTS garage queen that I too use large amounts of Zaino on. I have noticed no bubbles as of yet. If someone does discover how to prevent this I will be very interested so please post. :usa:

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Malcoll...I have a '99 and got it in there before the warranty ran out. I now have extended warranty but not sure if that covers paint. I was told that the only way to fix it was to replace the sport cap where it was happening. If they were to have just repaint it they were afraid it might happen again. So far no problems yet but I'll keep my eye on it.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have several bubbles in my Sapphire Blue paint as well, but doesn't bother me much, because that's one of the great things of owning an American car. :D

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have buubles on hood of silver 99 GTS. At very front next to bumper cap, and also above both headlights. Factory flaws. One of these days I'll fix 'em.

Both 95s I've owned (still have one) had hood cracks prior to repairs/repainting. Current 95 no longer has hood cracks or bubbles...just a couple of runs from so-so paint job!

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never had them on my GTS. But we used PPG paint in the shop for a few years and noticed a few cars coming back for them mostly when the owners left the car outside with a car cover in the sun,rain,snow etc. We switched to Dupont and Glasruit about 7 years ago and I have never had the problem again. I beleive that vipers are painted with PPG finishes. I always keep my car in the garage clean and never put car covers on any of my cars.