Poll: Fogs or no fogs?

Which front would you prefer for the ACR?

• Total voters

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of us wanted to see the fogs to help man-ify :D the Vipers girlish front end. Others say they like the new dainty front-end and fogs are so 80's.

All jokes aside both sides have merit. Since it looks like its been decided what the production Vipers front end will look like, which do you prefer for the ACR?

1. Viper front the way it is with just a chin spoiler

2. Fogs added + chin spoiler

3. The GTS-R's front and body

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Widebody GTS-R/ACR (with Fogs) with Ferrari Scuderia style interior

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I saw somewhere that they could not have both fog lights and LED accent lights. Had to choose one over the other : <(

Saw some other cars with LED's such as Audi and Nissan and they also had no fogs when they had LED's

On the GTS-R they included fog lights, as it is track only.

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind losing the fog lights, seems most people just run them 100% of the time anyway because they think it looks cool. If you think they are helping your vision and you are driving above 45 MPH, you need to stop and ponder where your vision is focused. Just MHO of course....:) :tx:

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom line is... fog lights just look way cool. I know the guys at SRT stated that they aren't needed because of the day time LED lights being already built into the headlights. But for pure looks and styling, fog lights just look ****. Hey...as long the lights don't interfere with airflow for engine cooling or cost too much for installation...Then I say: " Let There Be Light!! "

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange wording on the poll. Choice of GTS-R front or you default to fogs AND adding a chin spoiler or same front plus adding a chin spoiler. That's probably not what you meant but seems to read that way, how about a choice that says it looks OK the way it is vs. just adding fogs.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really miss the fogs and agree the front fascia looks less aggressive compared to the rest of the car. Maybe the fogs would help. I think the LED's are a fad and could care less.....bring back the fogs!!! Can't we have the new GTS-R's front fascia WHICH INCLUDES THE FOGS? :dunno:

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange wording on the poll. Choice of GTS-R front or you default to fogs AND adding a chin spoiler or same front plus adding a chin spoiler. That's probably not what you meant but seems to read that way, how about a choice that says it looks OK the way it is vs. just adding fogs.

I see what you mean but I tried to edit it to make the wording clear but I saw no edit function for the poll part. I could have put looks good the way it is but this is about the ACR not the regular coupe, thats why the chin spoiler was part of the choice. Thanks for your imput though. I put GTSR-R front and body because you cant have the GTSR front on the normal Viper body as the GTSR is wider. Thats why I put front and body since the front also has fogs. But the other choice is for the same normal Viper front but with Fogs added. Heres a crude PS I did of what I meant by same front with fogs...Now the implementation should and would be better looking than this but this is just an amature representation of what the front could look like with fogs. These are the fogs off the GTSR.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE photoshop a solid color onto the GTS-R so we can see what a street version would look like?

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT stated that Mopar may be making a foglight in the future.

Bruce

I hope it will be "integrated" into the bumper on each side of the grill a la GTS-R. I hope its NOT a Catz style fog lights that screw-on mounts somewhere IN the grill opening. Cant wait to see what it will look like.

Reaction score
Looks less like a snake with the lights, just one more (heavy) place for a rock to hit and bugs to collect IMO, leave them off, who drives in the fog anyway? Plus EVERYTHING comes with fog lights why not be different then every other car out there?

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you guys realize we are polling about the upcoming ACR and not about the regular coupe. Why wouldnt you want the ACR to look like the GTSR? It looks great with those integrated fogs. Dont go by the PS I did as it would be implemented better if they did do it. That PS is just for idea purposes. Look at the GTSR and imagine it streetlegal as an ACR.

I remember reading a while back that the ACR will be wild and a bit different looking than the regular Viper so maybe they will do with the Gen 5 what they couldnt do with the Gen III Comp Coupe. Make a street legal variant.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you guys realize we are polling about the upcoming ACR and not about the regular coupe. Why wouldnt you want the ACR to look like the GTSR? It looks great with those integrated fogs. Dont go by the PS I did as it would be implemented better if they did do it. That PS is just for idea purposes. Look at the GTSR and imagine it streetlegal as an ACR.

I remember reading a while back that the ACR will be wild and a bit different looking than the regular Viper so maybe they will do with the Gen 5 what they couldnt do with the Gen III Comp Coupe. Make a street legal variant.
Exactly!!!!

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the new car but this might have worked better regarding the headlights and the fog lights.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Not the best edition work but you get the idea.

Last edited:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it, but my opinion may be bias

You know even though it was me who did the editions out of curiosity of how the gen3/4 headlights would look on the gen5. The more I look at both pictures the more I think the original headlights look best among the two. It separates the car quite a bit from the previous generation, which is a good thing. May be there is a headlight design that would make the car look better, less feminine and meaner but I don't think it's the gen3/4 headlights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang