Post Up Pics of Your Custom Painted Gen1's and Gen2's

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point! I have Nittos and the front aren't stretched like the rears are. How low was your fascia? Mine is low but i've scraped it and mine looks a lot higher than yours does. Did you have any issues with tire wear?

Fascia scraped everywhere. I ended up taking about 1.5 inches off the bottom. Looked factory and really helped. It's not cut in the pic above. You will always have tire where when running negative camber but I only put 20k miles on the car with in 5 years of owning it so it wasn't a problem for me. These cars are not daily drivers so you can sacrifice some tire wear for better looks and handelng. :)

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nittos tend to stretch over the rim much more then michelin for example.

That is because Nittos false advertise on size. The are actually smaller in width than the say, Mich's or the BFG's. Don't ask me how I know this.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fascia scraped everywhere. I ended up taking about 1.5 inches off the bottom. Looked factory and really helped. It's not cut in the pic above. You will always have tire where when running negative camber but I only put 20k miles on the car with in 5 years of owning it so it wasn't a problem for me. These cars are not daily drivers so you can sacrifice some tire wear for better looks and handelng. :)

Did you ever scrape your frame? My car is at a body shop and we are planning on trimming the front fascia too. Do you have any pictures of it trimmed? I'd like to see how you trimmed the outer sections and not just the lower "air dam" portion. I've also been thinking about swapping the fascia for a gen 1 for more ground clearance, just not sure if it's a direct bolt on.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lower air dam is the chin spoiler. It is designed to direct air form under the car to the side of the car. Lift is reduced at the sacrifice of drag. If you are already lowered a good amount I would think you could safely trim it as long as you keep it below 180. Lowering the car also reduces airflow under it.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some nice cars... I guess that GTS with the SRT ACR scheme is 1 of 1:dunno:

Go on the viper alley. The guy had the car wraped like that. You can find it on there. I saw a thread about it not to long ago.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you ever scrape your frame? My car is at a body shop and we are planning on trimming the front fascia too. Do you have any pictures of it trimmed? I'd like to see how you trimmed the outer sections and not just the lower "air dam" portion. I've also been thinking about swapping the fascia for a gen 1 for more ground clearance, just not sure if it's a direct bolt on.

Not anymore then when it was just lowered with eibachs. I always went in to driveways sideways as well as speed bumps and parking lots with elevation changes. I'll see if I can find some pics for you and post them for reference. Don't waste your money on a gen1 front. Cutting your gen2 bumper will do the trick. Now keep in mind you will still scrape it from time to time but you just won't drag it anymore.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lower air dam is the chin spoiler. It is designed to direct air form under the car to the side of the car. Lift is reduced at the sacrifice of drag. If you are already lowered a good amount I would think you could safely trim it as long as you keep it below 180. Lowering the car also reduces airflow under it.

You are correct!

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not anymore then when it was just lowered with eibachs. I always went in to driveways sideways as well as speed bumps and parking lots with elevation changes. I'll see if I can find some pics for you and post them for reference. Don't waste your money on a gen1 front. Cutting your gen2 bumper will do the trick. Now keep in mind you will still scrape it from time to time but you just won't drag it anymore.

Thanks anton28 i really like how low yours is but around here that might be too low. No one in town has a lift I can drive up as it is. Gotta love small towns...

Last edited:

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jance that's why you keep a few 2x4's around :). Also invest in a low profile jack. Worth every penny!

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go on the viper alley. The guy had the car wraped like that. You can find it on there. I saw a thread about it not to long ago.

I would love to have that wrap on my red gts. I think it looks really good. I thought it was painted.

slowfrc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a VCA member and a member on the Alley. I don't think he gets on either much. He bought the car right at a year ago from a guy that had a hard time offloading it because of the custom color. It's a little overdone IMO (the wheels, exhaust tips, plastic behind the windows are all sprayed), but everyone loves it. My car disappears when he shows up...**** :D

I like it, but i think it's hard to overdo anything on a viper, the whole car was overly aggressive from the factory. For my statement to make sense you have to forget about the first few cars posted in this thread.
My old GTS. Miss this thing!

You must be registered for see images attach

I've looked through your old threads for more pics but if you're got any unposted ones please throw them up here. Your car was perfect. Red/white GTS with a roe (iirc). Can't be beat.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, but i think it's hard to overdo anything on a viper, the whole car was overly aggressive from the factory. For my statement to make sense you have to forget about the first few cars posted in this thread.

I've looked through your old threads for more pics but if you're got any unposted ones please throw them up here. Your car was perfect. Red/white GTS with a roe (iirc). Can't be beat.

Yeah I have a bunch. I'll post tomorrow.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Pic !!! :2tu:

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are some more pics you guys requested

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love this car!

I know, this car looks awesome, makes me think that maybe I should look into a gen 1. Got a question though, that hood and bumper have quite the gap between them next to the headlight there. Whats up with the fit? :confused:

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest and greatest is cool but the Gen1 is a cult classic... Especially done like this:2tu:

I know, this car looks awesome, makes me think that maybe I should look into a gen 1. Got a question though, that hood and bumper have quite the gap between them next to the headlight there. Whats up with the fit? :confused:

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats just what happens when you mix after market parts together. I had the same hood but was running the stock bumper and i had a hellawa time reducing those gaps. Vipers aren't perfect from the start.

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats just what happens when you mix after market parts together. I had the same hood but was running the stock bumper and i had a hellawa time reducing those gaps. Vipers aren't perfect from the start.

Well, even so, your Viper is the walpaper on my computer screen. Its looks fu@$in rad man, well done. I like that top you have on there too.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, even so, your Viper is the walpaper on my computer screen. Its looks fu@$in rad man, well done. I like that top you have on there too.

mine was the white one but im sure the owner of the red car appreciates the compliment!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21