Power steering runs the fan?!?!

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! well after finding that my steering was acting when I got to my destation for the weekend. So it was leaking then I was like ***. SO it was leaking but still can't find out exactly where its coming from on the pump. Then I have to keep it filled in order to keep the fan running. So I'm wondering if my 2006 still covered under warrenty. Does anybody know? Also what possible thing could be that may be a easy fix. Any help would be great

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm wondering if my 2006 still covered under warrenty. Does anybody know?

Well, I would guess that it depends on your "in-service date." I believe that your warranty is 36 months from the date that it was sold. (or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.)

Its hard to imagine how the pump fluid level is related to a cooling fan turning off/on issue. Someone smarter than me will chime in shortly.

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah I'm calling dodge in the morning tomorrow. Yep at least on the srt's but it still spins when its cooled and just spins faster when it warms up as it does have a valve control on it.

I found out the problem...leaking out the seal on the shaft for the pulley. So hopefully I can get this fix before the 23rd since I have a track day.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Huh? Don't know if your car is still under warranty? 3 years or 36k miles from the in-service date (the day you purchased the vehicle assuming you are the original owner). If you are not the original owner, call your local Dodge dealership and give them the VIN. They will give you the in-service date. If you don't have an extended warranty, I would strongly recommend getting one.

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah just called and I have til october of this year YES!! but still upset for being broken so soon

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine started leaking last year and only got worse. Be careful and get it fixed quick because the dripping will get bad enough to hit the headers and thats not a good combo!! Mine was covered under warranty. complete new pump box everything

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah another viper owner locally said the same thing that his was leaking too but started off as the line then the pump. Must be a common thing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte