Private Drag strip rental at Virginia Motorsports Park 11/19

ViperPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tidewater Racing Forum is setting up a private 1/4 mile track rental at VMP on 11/19. This is a great opportunity to try your hand at the drag strip without all the pressures of a regular track event. The rental is currently limited to 20 cars and the track is rented from 9am to 5pm. That is more than enough time to do all the runs you want. Cost is $125 per car.

Here is a link

Tidewater Racing - Fall VMP LongShots Track Rental 11/19

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know I never saw it. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything in a while from Tidewater. Has the group been quite or have I been dropped from the list I wonder?

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I might do this. Would be a perfect time to try and run 8's on my invo's. Thing is I won't know if i can make it till week of.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still going to try my travel schedule has been insane lately

OP
OP
V

ViperPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there. I won't run 8s though. Not sure I would want to be in a car that is that fast. Should hit low 11's hopefully.

Your time will all depend on the tires hooking up....

Looks like I'm only taking one car up (Vette). I'm thinking about trailering it to the track, not sure I want to drive that far with my cheater slicks and skinny fronts on. What time do you plan on heading out?

I might want to hit the dyno next week to see where the car sets for HP now. Where did you take yours?

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have underground look over the car on monday. I fly back on friday from NJ. If things go good on monday at UGR, I'll pay up and should be there. Goal will be to hit that 8 second time slip for the 20" invo.

OP
OP
V

ViperPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have underground look over the car on monday. I fly back on friday from NJ. If things go good on monday at UGR, I'll pay up and should be there. Goal will be to hit that 8 second time slip for the 20" invo.

Cool, hope you make it. Save the all out run for at least a few trips down th track. If you hit an 8 on steet tires on the first run the rest of us might get a little depressed with our cars and start drinking.....

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, that means the track is hooking like a monster and you guys will all run PR's! I've ran 5.80's in the 1/8th so it is within reach for sure.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dynoed at DTP and they cried about it the whole way there saying too much torque down low. I will call you Thursday night and we will drive there together.

Your time will all depend on the tires hooking up....

Looks like I'm only taking one car up (Vette). I'm thinking about trailering it to the track, not sure I want to drive that far with my cheater slicks and skinny fronts on. What time do you plan on heading out?

I might want to hit the dyno next week to see where the car sets for HP now. Where did you take yours?

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will not make it. The only reason, I'll be putting the car up for sale next week. :)