Problem with Corsa Track Exhaust Please Help

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've installed the Corsa Track system without any real difficulty; but, the tips keep falling on me. The exhaust hangers are secure, but the TORCA clamps used to connect to the cats don't seem to keep the mufflers from twisting downward after a period of spirited driving. Anyone else have this problem, and do you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YES!!! My side sills need to be repainted because they are now brown (I have a white mamba). The black piece surrounding the tip needs to be replaced and the wheel well plastic need replacing. I didn't notice it had dropped and did two days at the track.

I had Archer try to fix this, both at willow springs and at buttonwillow with no success. They eventually welded it in place. Not perfect but it seems to be holding. I would call Corsa before you try anything and see if they have a fix.

Brad

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The clamps Corsa supplys with the Track System should not be used in my opinion.
I encountered the same problem with my system.
I bought conventional 2 1/2 inch stainless muffler clamps from Summit (might have been Jegs) and havent had a problem with movement since. I bet your passenger side is more problematic than your drivers side?

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new tip for the SRT, and it's the highly desired double wall tapered stainless tip. These tips are 4 inch on the outer wall and 3 inch on the inner wall. I swear, they are the best looking tip I've ever seen. The best way to put on the system, is to weld it on. A muffler shop will find this very easy to do, and inexpensive. You will really never have a problem with the welded system, and it does still suspend from the rubber mounts.

Skip White

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Skip:

Could you please post some pics of the tips you are referring too?

Thanks,

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the same problem on both my SRT’s. The stock pipe coming from the front has a little pin, grind a notch in the Corsa to line up with the pin. That will keep it from falling. If you have no pin, put a small sheet metal screw through both walls. The vibration will allow the Corsa to pivot around. It did not matter how tight the clamps were. Since I pinned it, I have had no problem at all.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You've got to weld them on or they will move. You will eventually have to add additional hangers to keep them from expanding when hot and burning your openings. I took mine off, tired of messing with them.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DJ, haven't experienced this problem myself but I would think if you called Corsa and explained the issue they would give you technical assistance and/or send you the necessary parts to put a stop to this. Corsa's does have pretty good reputation so one would think your chances with them are more than favorable. Sure it's probably been a pain but then again going back to factory exhaust doesn't seem like exactly like a great solution - vacuum cleaner sound and excess cabin heat, yuk. Good luck.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, here are Skip Whites tips. Skip, these tips look GREAT! :cool:

5580IMG_6624.JPG

5580IMG_6626.JPG

5580IMG_6622.JPG

5580IMG_6615.JPG

5580IMG_6611.JPG

5580IMG_6610.JPG

5580IMG_6608.JPG

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, these tips look great. Let me know when they're available.

SnakeEye, I went with the full B & B setup, headers and exhaust with cross over. The full 3-inch stainless steel pipes. Sills are cool. No heat from crossover. No drone, quiet while cruising and still plenty loud when on the go pedal. As a bonus, a bunch more rwhp and rwtq too.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We had this problem at first with these systems and had to make some changes once we had some feedback from our customers. I apologize to those who had to come back. The system moves and expands with heat (so does the stock system). We found that if you move the pipes forward to the front of the opening and tack weld the flange it takes care of the problem. The new systems have a turnout and tip that expands less and corrects the extent of the expansion. We have made these changes and the past 10 we have done have not changed.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960