Professionally Detailed and Beautiful

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took me a bit to start this thread but here are some photos after having my car professionally detailed by Finer Finish detailing out of Richmond VA. I am normally not shy about working on my car but I have never done paint correction before and did not want to find out the hard way that I didn't know what I was doing. He did a bang up job and completed it while I was on my road trip to Rhode Island. I got to see the finished product last weekend and it is outstanding. Highly recommended and a special thanks to "Alpine" for giving me confidence in soliciting his services. Brian also took the time to show me what I was doing wrong from washing to waxing, sent me an itemized list of products he recommended and stepped me through the paint correction and prevention process. Enjoy the photos.

On a side note I did walk around the car a lot last weekend before I left for RI and it hurt my eyes to look for flaws in the paint. It reflected extremely bright.

Click the images for more detail. These photos have not been edited.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

F

FrgMstr

Could you shoot a couple more pictures in more detail please? Thanks.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you shoot a couple more pictures in more detail please? Thanks.

I am heading to wash my car tomorrow for this weekends event so I will try to take super close paint pictures. (Any particular areas your looking for for the details?) As of now the only real flaw in my paint is a under clear coat crack in the paint on my hood from the drag strip (broke a serpentine) and we were unable to fill it in.

F

FrgMstr

I am heading to wash my car tomorrow for this weekends event so I will try to take super close paint pictures. (Any particular areas your looking for for the details?) As of now the only real flaw in my paint is a under clear coat crack in the paint on my hood from the drag strip (broke a serpentine) and we were unable to fill it in.

I was being a dick about it. :) I think you covered us on the pictures. Looks great bro.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was being a dick about it. :) I think you covered us on the pictures. Looks great bro.

You have to be more direct with your sarcasm so people pick up on it. At first I thought you were being sarcastic then I figured well he does own a red Viper and wants to see some up close photos of what real Vipers look like :)

(On a side note for those who have noticed my diffuser blades are not installed on my rear bumper in these photos. I sold my personal set to a local before I transferred to RI. They have been reinstalled on the car and I hope to have new photos with them on the car tomorrow or this weekend. You can see the 4 molding screws in the bumper but they really blend in well)

F

FrgMstr

You have to be more direct with your sarcasm so people pick up on it. At first I thought you were being sarcastic then I figured well he does own a red Viper and wants to see some up close photos of what real Vipers look like :)

Touche' sir, touche'! :2tu:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the bumble bees with black wheels.

Me too. Only complaint is the wheels never photograph well. I don't have a professional camera so this was all I had. It's a good camera for my purposes.

(Any NE or NY members up for a photoshoot or know who will do one for me?)

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is one of the nicest Viper I've seen, the black rims set it off!!!

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it was not buffed out properly except in the center. Once you get that yellow haze off of the rest of it, it should be much faster.:D

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some videos Brian posted. It is amazing the difference in the paint, even just driving it I can tell looking down the hood.

Start
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9OPTDJ0fgM&feature=related[/media]

Second Video
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G_98yEW75c&feature=related[/media]

Polished
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZJziJHEaT8&feature=related[/media]

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good...I am getting ready to do mine this weekend. Clay bar, Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover, Adams Polish, Adams Buttery Wax and it will shine like no other.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST BE DREAMING, ALL I CAN SEE IS YELLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW........I THINK I'M STUCK IN A LEMON PATCH, OR, OR, OR I FELL INTO A GLASS OF LEMONADE!!!!!!

Oh, that's better, I wiped my eyes and now I see it was only 800 pictures of your car!!!!!

But, seriously KNG, car looks great. My favorite look is having black wheels to set off the black stripes! How many steps did you do? Did you clay bar for paint correction and, if you did, did it help?

Thanks for showing the pictures, curious what products you used.

:D

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many steps did you do? Did you clay bar for paint correction and, if you did, did it help?

Thanks for showing the pictures, curious what products you used.

:D

Aside from the yellow bashing comments I actually hired Finer Finish to do the detail. My paint has been fully corrected and has no surface scratches in it. This was a full on professional paint correction over the course of 3 or 4 days (I left for RI in the middle so I don't know how many days). He started with a good wash of the car just to get the dirt off. He used a makita rotary and used M105 meguiars for the paint correction. Brian then followed with M205 to polish the paint real nice. I usually keep my car pretty dirt free so clay barring was not necessary but paint correction was. He finished it with a sealer though I don't recall the name of it. Check out the videos in my previous post to see how damaged my paint actually was. His camera picked up every single scratch that was on my car. Now if you stood 5 feet away from my car you could not see anything but if you looked really close it had a lot of damage. Now after the correction the paint has a glow to it and looks outstanding from any angle and any distance.

Products he recommended me to buy
Optimum No Rinse= Used for rinseless car wash and diluted for quick detailing (the QD dilution works GREAT)
Power Clean=Diluted to different specs for wheel cleaner, interior cleaner and even paint cleaner if its really bad.
Zaino Car Wash= This wash really works well and it smells great. You do pay for it but it has been the best one I have used thus far
Opti Seal= Sealant. I don't use wax, I just put a coat of wipe on sealant after washing.
2 Bucket wash method=for obvious reasons
Microfiber sponge for washing
Special microfiber towel for drying (lay on the paint to dry, dont drag)
I am sure I am missing some things but that is the gist of it.

For the correction he used the M105 and M205 with different pads. The paint came out great and folks who saw my car before the downpour last weekend will tell you the paint is very close to perfect (I have a small crack in the middle of the hood in the paint from the drag strip, I broke a serpentine belt).

Brian is on this forum and posted in this thread if you wanted to contact him. He was a great help and actually showed me how to do what he was doing in case I wanted to do it myself later.

(And those of us who own Yellow Vipers can never have enough photos of them, trust me, I have thousands more of just my car)